PDA

View Full Version : how do you do yours ?

juejue
22-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Hope I am going to explain this right :blush:

When you do your learning story/observation and we write down the area of leaning and what it means to us........

Do we have to put down the age and what it came under

eg : Photo of mindee and cm having a dance and smiling............X you feel safe and secure with your special people J and G.
Can we just put down PSED or do we have to write..... self confidence and self esteem, making relationships 8-20 months

On all of them

Pixie dust
22-01-2011, 10:23 PM
You do whatever works best for you, there is no right or wrong way. I do write the full thing out like you have put, including the age and details but I know some childminders that don't. I like to have as much detail as possible so I can show how the child is developing and progressing.

Penny1959
23-01-2011, 05:15 AM
I do not write all that by photo, just either my comment or childs comment about photo.

I use the Pathway Profile (from Worcestershire LA - and really just all the EYFS statements) and then next to each statement just put where the evidence of this is. I share this with parents and add info from parents if child shown development at home - even if not seen my self.

I am going to try to attach the 'development matters bit of the profile so you can have a look - hope it works - first time tried to do this!

Mykidsrock
23-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I am going to try to attach the 'development matters bit of the profile so you can have a look - hope it works - first time tried to do this![/QUOTE]

That's really good. Do you mind if I copy it to my PC and use some of it for my Cm's?

Thanks

Jess xx

Rubybubbles
23-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Hope I am going to explain this right :blush:

When you do your learning story/observation and we write down the area of leaning and what it means to us........

Do we have to put down the age and what it came under

eg : Photo of mindee and cm having a dance and smiling............X you feel safe and secure with your special people J and G.
Can we just put down PSED or do we have to write..... self confidence and self esteem, making relationships 8-20 months

On all of them

I do it the long way! I would use the photo along side the observation, link it to the the exact development matters (like penny's link, with all the stepping stones all written out, I use photocopy of framework and highlight it) but do at least 2/3 obs before I completly highlight it, so when I first spot it, I would kinda do a line, then make a triangle which would mean the child has reached that outcome:laughing: sorry, it makes noooooooo sence!!

What I am saying is you have to see something more than once, unless it is really plain that yes the child has reached it!

argh it is a sunday morning teehee

Penny1959
23-01-2011, 10:04 AM
I am going to try to attach the 'development matters bit of the profile so you can have a look - hope it works - first time tried to do this!

That's really good. Do you mind if I copy it to my PC and use some of it for my Cm's?Thanks

Jess xx[/QUOTE]

It is ok with me - I was involved in the working party that came up with Worcestershire's documentation - but I did not produce it - however the bit I have attached is from EYFS so don't think Worcestershire can complain if shared with others - I have not attached the first part of the pathway profile as that does belong to Worcestershire.

Penny :)