PDA

View Full Version : Hours on contract

littlemiracles
22-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi,

I currently have a child on my books whose mother is at Uni. When we signed contracts we put in the hours that she needed at that time. For the last two weeks she has had her exams and hours have changed a lot at this time. She also now has a new timetable for the next semister which begins 31 jan and these hours are again very different from what we had on contract. Im happy with regards to changing hours to accomodate her needs but was just wondering if i need to put this change of hours on the contract or even have a new contract containing the new hours? Any help very much appreciated :)

Marie-louise
22-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi, i think you should be ok to write new hours on a seperate sheet, both yourself and the parent then sign it, duplicate it then attatch one copy to the original contract and give the other to the parent. As long as your both happy with the changes then it shouldnt be a problem.
Just my opinion though x

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Personally I would do a base contract and add on any hours that are used - I think you have done this.

BUT now that there is a substantial change I would review and rewrite the contract

I would do this each term as they change

littlemiracles
22-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Thank you for your replies. What i put on the original contract (use NCMA) was the original hours needed at that time and then added in the aditional notes that "change of hours available upon request"

I think i will put the new hours required for each day in the additional notes and get parent to sign as a contract review. The review was not going to be until the end of May but mum finishes uni then anyway and will no longer require childcare.