PDA

View Full Version : When to set up my buisness?

Stanfield
17-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi,
I am planning on becoming a childminder ASAP, however, I am currently in the final stages on my NVQ level 3 in CCLD. There is no firm finish date for this course and could be anytime between june and september. How long does it take to set up a childminding buisness and should I start to get the ball rolling now? Or is it too soon?

sarah707
17-04-2008, 08:48 PM
It can take a good few months to get registered... what with the first aid course and introduction to chidlminding practice (icp)... even longer as CRB checks seem to be taking for ever at the moment!

I would start now if I were you! :D

chubbymummy
17-04-2008, 08:50 PM
It can take a good few months to get registered... what with the first aid course and introduction to chidlminding practice (icp)... even longer as CRB checks seem to be taking for ever at the moment!

I would start now if I were you! :D

i agree start asap it doesn't mean that you have to take on any mindees straight away but at least you will be ready when you are iyswim

Stanfield
17-04-2008, 09:16 PM
i agree start asap it doesn't mean that you have to take on any mindees straight away but at least you will be ready when you are iyswim

If I am registered, how long can i wait before getting children in then? How soon do OFSTED visit, or would they check if i had children first?

Pipsqueak
17-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Once you are registered (have your certificate up on the wall) then you can start minding. You will have your first graded inspection within 6 months of registering.

chubbymummy
17-04-2008, 09:19 PM
ofsted will do an initial visit to check you are able to mind then within the first 6 months of minding you will recieve an inspection

miffy
17-04-2008, 09:25 PM
ofsted will do an initial visit to check you are able to mind then within the first 6 months of minding you will recieve an inspection

At least that's the theory - doesn't always pan out like that

Start getting organised as soon as you want

Good luck

miffy xx

angeldelight
17-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Good luck

Angel xx

deeb66
18-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Yes...you definately need to start the process asap.

Good luck