PDA

View Full Version : Am i just panicking?

jake
19-01-2011, 06:14 PM
I have a 1yr old starting next week for two days a week six hours a day,the week after i have a 15 month old starting five days a week at six hours a day.Which is great!But another parent is coming tomorrow who wants me to have her 7 month old for three days a week for 9 hours each day.I dont know if this is going to be to much for me as they are all still babies,so im thinking of cancelling this mum tomorrow as i dont feel that confident about it.Just would like to know what everyone eles thinks about this,if i take all three on is it going to be to much?or am i just panicking?(These would be my only mindees tho!)
Thanks jake:)

butterfly
19-01-2011, 06:26 PM
If you feel it's too much cancel the last parent. It would be better to get into the hang of things first before filling yourself up. Think about the ages: 7mhs, 12mths and 15 mths - how will you get out and about? where will they all sleep? I definately wouldn't try and have them all at the same time. If it works out that you have 2 each day that would be easier to handle.

I think you have to follow your gut instinct on this! Do you have children of your own?

~Grasshopper~
19-01-2011, 07:11 PM
hiya.

I think if you are thinking about it being too much then it will be.

How would you get around? You would need a triple buggy or twin and sling/carrier. Would 3 x stage 1/2 car seats fit in your car? Where will they all sleep?

I would cancel the new one at least until you are settled and confident with the other 2.
xx

caz3007
19-01-2011, 07:27 PM
It would be so bad if the three days and 2 days LO's were different days, then you would only have 2. I had 3 under 3 when I first started out and that was hard work, dont know if I could have done it if they were all under 2 though.

If you think it would be too much then cancel the one tomorrow and once the other two are settled and you get into the swing of things, then you could look for another one

keeks
19-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I agree, if you have doubts already perhaps it is better to cancel.

On Tuesdays I have a 12 month old, a 16 month old and a nearly 3 year old. The 12 month old who seemed really confident at first is finding it hard to settle and needs constant reassuring, cuddles, attention.

Luckily the 16 month old and the nearly 3 year old are very independent, but I still feel it is a bit much as I have only just started. Yesterday I felt really bad for not spending enough time with the older two.

I personally think I would find it almost impossible to have three babies!

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

xx

clio0602
19-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Personally I won't take on more than 2 under 3yrs due to the problems going out and about and I only have 2 hands lol

If it were me I'd see how it went with the others first and then decide if I could manage the other x

AliceK
20-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I had 3 x under 3's for quite a while and it was fine as they were all walkers but there is no way I would take on 3 x non-walkers, logistically it would be very difficult I feel. Just my opinion though. Mind you the 15mth old might be walking?? My youngest here at the moment was just turned 1 when she started and she was walking already.

xxxxx

jake
21-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the answers but i rang and cancelled the the one that was 7 months,i felt bad afterwards for letting her down but i dont want the quality of my care to suffer!Im sure that im going to have my hands full with the other two soon and be glad i decided not to take on the third baby.Once again thanks guys