PDA

View Full Version : twins enquiry for june!

Libby08
19-01-2011, 02:29 PM
I had an enquiry for twins. They want to start in April when they would be 9 months old, I said I couldnt take them on, i didnt want to ask for a variation to my under 1s as i have a 2 year old daughter already, dont have tons of space for all the baby equipment x2 and do school runs (my son) etc thought it might be too much (would be my first mindee's).

Anyway, the mother has now asked if i will take them in June when they turn one?? What would you do?
Im reg for 5 and have my own 2 so if i take on 1 year old twins i wouldnt fill that last space as it may be too much to start with.

Do i tell her to contact me closer to the time to see if i have vacancies or do i hold 2 spaces for her? I cant not work until June so do i charge a fee to hold the places? I hate this as i really need to earn money but dont want to be unfair!
Also what kind of a discount do you offer for twins??

Penny1959
19-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Think you are being very sensible taking every thing into consideration.
However there is not much difference between looking after 9m old twins and 12m ones (apart from the need for a variation) so if you are having doubts it might not be right for you in June either.

Maybe you could suggest she rings back in a month as you may have had other interest by then from children of more suitable age and at very least time to think it through again and consider your options.

I have just taken on (in the same week) twins who are almost 12 m and a 9 m old (do have an assitant and a variation for 3 under 1's) have to say not been as bad as I feared - apart from the hassel of taking them out (along with the 2 under 2's and a 3 year old).

Think it through - could you explain all this to mum and ask if she could come with twins to your house for a day or half day so you can see for yourself how much work / equipment involved. It would be ok for mum to sit on your sofa while you see if can cope with the twins and your dd. At least then you would be able to tell her think would work out ok or not.

Penny :)

amanda1309
19-01-2011, 07:10 PM
I took on 9m old twins nearly 3 years ago and i can honestly say after the inital settling in period (me not the twins) of about 2 weeks they were by far the easiest children to look after.

The first 2 weeks were hard for me as I needed to get things timed to perfection and be really organised, but after that I loved having them.

I personally would not offer a discount as they are taking up 2 spaces and need just the same amount of care and paperwork as 2 children from different families.