PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on 1st tax return?

rhea26
19-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi, I am doing my first tax return online have my code but am wondering do I need to print it of to sign? Probably a really sill question!:blush:
Thanks.

MaryMary
19-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Just about to do mine too! Nothing like leaving it to the last (actually I am early this year 'cos it is not 31st yet!!) :laughing:

I don't like to do it too early, 'cos I always miss something. I have just this minute discovered an expense I hadn't included, and saved myself some tax (thanks to Debbie) :clapping:

You just need to submit it online. It might be an idea to print off a copy for your own records, but it doesn't need to be sent anywhere.

Well done! It's good to get it out of the way, isn't it.

lisal5632
19-01-2011, 11:54 AM
No, i have just done mine! you have to 'submit' it at the end, which will then be sent direct to HM Revenue (i printed mine to keep filed)

Good Luck ;)

Chatterbox Childcare
19-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't print mine off as it uses a lot of ink and paper and you can always go back and view it online - I do the summary though for my file so I can see how it is calculated

Sally West
20-01-2011, 12:55 PM
ARRRGGGHHH Just come to do mine and they have not record of me :angry: I activated my account last April within the 28 day time limit! Now i've had to apply for a new password!! I hope it comes in time, serves me right I suppose for not being more organised :panic:

mama2three
20-01-2011, 01:00 PM
sally - i never had a unique number either and got one sent just before xmas. but beware once you put that in you also need an activation pin - might be an idea to check you have that too.

Sally West
20-01-2011, 01:13 PM
:panic: I wish it was all done! My sister-in-law is learning to be an accountant so maybe I might use her next time :laughing: Also I didn't start minding till January last year but started buying things 4 months earlier in september! What do I do about this? Can I put the things I bought down? I was registered but didn't have any mindee's till january!

Somebody please help me :panic:

mama2three
20-01-2011, 01:15 PM
You can include all your start up costs , in most businesses you would have these before any income , so no problem - especially as all in the same tax year.

Sally West
20-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks Kath, you've been a great help :clapping: