PDA

View Full Version : 3 plus vouchers?

theplayroom
18-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi all, not sure if this is posted in the right place but any way....

...Just thinking to the future here but can someone shead some light on this, what happens when children start to recieve the free voucher session? I understand you cant sak the parents to top the money up if the vouchers are worth less the hourly rate ( what do people do here?? I dont want to work for less)

Also is the actual CARE different? Do we need to be doing different activities, ticking differnt forms etc? I cant seem to work it out my head...and ifyou do need to do do 'school' sessions for the over threes what do i do with the 2 year olds??

AHHH help!! :blush:

Sally

Chatterbox Childcare
18-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Firstly there isn't too much more work involved but you will needed more structured play

The sessions need to be free to parents but mine go from a full time rate to a minimum daily rate for the balance of the day so not too much lost

onceinabluemoon
18-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi all, not sure if this is posted in the right place but any way....

...Just thinking to the future here but can someone shead some light on this, what happens when children start to recieve the free voucher session? I understand you cant sak the parents to top the money up if the vouchers are worth less the hourly rate ( what do people do here?? I dont want to work for less)

Also is the actual CARE different? Do we need to be doing different activities, ticking differnt forms etc? I cant seem to work it out my head...and ifyou do need to do do 'school' sessions for the over threes what do i do with the 2 year olds??

AHHH help!! :blush:

Sally

Are you thinking about becoming accredited? (or are you already?). I'm thinking about it but am not really sure what it involves inspection wise (not ofsted, the local ones) etc. Its so hard to find out anything isn;t it?

butterfly
19-01-2011, 08:21 AM
In Devon we have a clear level system:
All minders start at level 1
You submit a portfolio with certain things in after minding for a year to get level 2
After 2 years you can submit a more extensive portfolio to get level 3
To become accredited you need all the above plus the FCEERS inspection which is carried out by our development officer.

There is no extra work for the 3/4 yr olds but you are expected to do extra training, attend termly meetings and have your DO once a term instead of once a year. Also you have to complete all the paperwork for your council claiming the hours every term.

You must be open for 38 weeks a year (or funding is restricted) and funding is only available through the term time.

I do have to work for less for these children (65p difference per hour!) BUT that is my choice. Many minders around here won't become accredited because of this price difference.

theplayroom
19-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Are you thinking about becoming accredited? (or are you already?). I'm thinking about it but am not really sure what it involves inspection wise (not ofsted, the local ones) etc. Its so hard to find out anything isn;t it?

Whats accredited??? :panic:

theplayroom
19-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks you two still unclear though, whats it like for Sussex ive never heard of the levels i wont have to worry about it untill september but i want to know if im going to give notice or not?

Mouse
19-01-2011, 09:45 AM
If I were you I'd contact your development officer or local early years team and ask what the process is in your area. You cannot automatically accept the vouchers just because you are a registered childminder.

In my area you need to have a level 3 qualification, be graded good or outstanding and be part of an accredited childminding network. You have regular visits from the early years team and have to attend a minimum number of training sessions each year. The paperwork isn't really any more than you already do under EYFS, but you will have to show how you are helping children work towards the early learning goals.

Phone your local coincil and see how it works in your area :thumbsup:

Mouse
19-01-2011, 09:48 AM
http://www.westsussex.gov.uk/doing_business/running_your_business/early_years_and_childcare/training_and_development/training_schedule/early_years_and_playwork_train/childminder_training_programme/training_and_support_for_child.aspx

This is info for West Sussex