PDA

View Full Version : can any1 help me work this out

suez
18-01-2011, 08:18 PM
i really cant get my head aroun it at all :blush:

right, i mind for twins alterative sundays (as well as after school)

mum pays me half of sundays fees every wk, suggested on my behalf coz its quite a bit for sunday.

anyway been thinkin how do i work it out when im on holiday, i charge half n half, i cannot for life of me work this out.
can any1 tell me in simple words plz :blush:

Minstrel
18-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Ok so do you mean that to soften the financial blow mum pays you every sunday instead of double every other sunday?

And does your 50% holiday rate just mean the sundays days you are scheduled to have them? I guess you don't charge for the alternate ones you're not meant to have them?

Sorry for all the questions but just trying to get my head around it.

If I have it correctly then mum could just not pay the half on the Sunday you're on holiday and it would eve itself out. She'd be paying your half fee for hols on the other sunday as usual. Sounds complicated!

Pipsqueak
18-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Sundays -

charge for example £100
mum pays £50 wk1 (not minding this sunday)
wk2 remaining £50

so go on hols half payment would just be charging £50 - half of the total fee

so fees per week inclusive of the whole wk £150 (eg)

fee charged for hols would be £75

does that sound right/make sense?

suez
18-01-2011, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=Pipsqueak;852929]Sundays -

charge for example £100
mum pays £50 wk1 (not minding this sunday)
wk2 remaining £50

so go on hols half payment would just be charging £50 - half of the total fee

so fees per week inclusive of the whole wk £150 (eg)

fee charged for hols would be £75

this sounds about right, but i still dont get that :blush:

when mum asked me bout the sundays i suggested to split the sunday fee over every wk ,
so instead of every 2 wks (sunday) id get £76 ,every wk i get a extra £38 on top of my after school fee...does that make sense

i get £105 after school fees
..£38 of sunday fees

but when i go on holiday the normal half fee (b4 sundays came along) was £52.50............but i still cant grasp how do i sort out the sunday fees bit coz its already been split .

arrhhhhhhhhh im so easily confused:blush:

Minstrel
18-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I think i'd *** that and just get her to pay correctly on the sunday you do work! It's up to her to budget (she could still out the money aside each sunday) and would be easier for you to work out!

Minstrel
18-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Oh I must have said a rude word cos Pauline has given me stars :blush:

The Juggler
18-01-2011, 10:33 PM
i would just work out how many 'work' days you are away for work out the cost and half it:thumbsup:

Penny1959
19-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Think I have my head round this

So school fee bit is as you say £52.50

Sunday bit
Depends on if your holiday includes a working sunday or not

If it doesn't then fee stays the same as actually still working on the required Sunday - so no change to normal

SO FEE WOULD BE
School fee bit (half) £52.50 plus normal £38 for sunday bit. Following week as normal.

If holiday does include a working Sunday - then you would be charging half of £76 which of course is £38 over the 2 weeks

SO FEE WOULD BE £52.50 +££19 for holiday week - TOTAL £71.50
and £105 + £19 for following week (non working Sun week) TOTAL £124

Of course I may not be right - it certainly makes you think!

Penny :)

suez
19-01-2011, 08:13 AM
i think that sounds about right,

but too confusin so think im gonna go with wat minstrel said.

im seeing mom this mornin, im gonna be honest i cant work out coz of our arrangement, so iv worked out wat iv been paid for sunday and how many sundays iv worked , and gonna say to just pay when i work the sunday may be best i think.

thanks for your help guys x