PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if someone has read their pm from you?

angeldelight
18-12-2007, 09:34 AM
On the old forum it was easy to see if someone has opened their message by going into your outbox

You can not see that here I am waiting for a few replys and I am not sure if members have even read their message

Do you have to make sure you use the option at the bottom when you actually send the message ? I think it says you want a reply or something or other can not remember now and you have to tick the box - but me being me I always forget !!!

Just wondering

Angel xx

sarah707
18-12-2007, 10:42 AM
You have to request a 'read receipt' at the bottom of the pm messaging section - you should only have to click it once and I think it saves your setting... until you log out

angeldelight
18-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah thats what I meant

I do not think it saves because I tried it then it never worked again

Ok thanks

xx

Pauline
18-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I think you have to do it for each message, can't find anything in the user preferences.

Didn't know that you could check messages had been read on the old forum by going to the out box!! :o

angeldelight
18-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Pauline

Yes in the old one I can not remember now how you knew but you just did it showed up so it was easier

Might have been outbox or sent messages in the old forum - same difference I expect

I will just have to remember to tick the box now - thanks

Angel xx

Spangles
20-12-2007, 10:15 PM
In the outbox and inbox there are little envelopes next to each message title with a key at the bottom of the page to say what they mean.

I just presumed this showed if they'd been read or not?

angeldelight
20-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh does it haha

I will look then

xx

Pauline
21-12-2007, 02:50 PM
In the outbox and inbox there are little envelopes next to each message title with a key at the bottom of the page to say what they mean.

I just presumed this showed if they'd been read or not?

I think that's just if you've read them, not the person receiving, but I coul dbe wrong.

There is a key to all the little envelope symbols right at the bottom of your private messages.