PDA

View Full Version : Lost/Missing social services check :(

Rmead
18-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I was so happy this morning to see that my CRB was sent out yesterday and all done so it was just the outstanding social services check. It's been outstanding for more than two months.

I finally managed to speak to the right lady at the council today and it wasn't in her files, she didn't remember it either so wasn't done recently/January so it was sent back to Ofsted before then - if she ever got it at all. So somehow it's missing/lost in post. She said she'll ring Ofsted for another, that's just more time added :(

jo.jo76
18-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh no, not good. Maybe you should give ofsted a ring yourself too just to make sure it gets sorted out.
I know how you feel, I'm having issues with other halfs crb at the moment, it was sent to them end of Oct!
Hope it gets sorted for you soon
Jo

the happy house
18-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Sooooo know how you feel. Ofsted have requested a ss check for me. 4 months I've been waiting. So after constantly chasing ofsted about it for 4 months I got on to ss myself. Sorted in less than 2 hours.
Very frustrating, but ss should surely have a reference number for the lost check?!

Rmead
18-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I spoke to the woman at the county SS. She looked through her file and couldn't find anything with my name. She only seemed to have paperwork saved for ss checks that had been passed to others, if there was a problem with the check/you had a record. I know there would be no problem so it wouldn't be in those. She doesn't keep records of the ones completed and sent back to Ofsted! She sounded a bit disorganised to be honest :mad:
I did ring Ofsted back and told them that the ss didn't have my check and no record of it so they need to send another, the guy I spoke to was a bit dismissive though. I guess I'll give them a week now until I pester again.

Just worried about money etc and not being able to start as I was made redundant while on my maternity leave (I was going to be a childminder anyway but was planning on going back to work while going through registration and getting children) and my maternity pay is now finished. So time is crucial/money!