PDA

View Full Version : feel abit down today

Blackcat
18-01-2011, 01:32 PM
All my registration / application has seemed to come to a halt

gigglinggoblin
18-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Mine seemed to do nothing for ages then it happened all at once. How long have you been waiting?

Blackcat
18-01-2011, 01:43 PM
they have all my ref, one of two SS checks to be processed
just waiting on my crb which has only been going a couple of weeks(i know it takes longer)

but one lady from my course has her pre reg visit next week and she has no checks or ref back and she put her application in 3 weeks later than mine?
i think i am just impatient

gigglinggoblin
18-01-2011, 01:46 PM
My crb came back within a couple of weeks then ss took forever! Ofsted said its normally the other way round so I dont think they know for sure how long to expect.

If it has been over 3 weeks since you sent your application and you havent heard it cant hurt to give them a ring and just check it ws received. I got less than 48 hours notice that they were coming so if you do call be ready!

Blackcat
18-01-2011, 01:51 PM
they have had my application since 27th nov
spoke to ofsted and they said i will get a phone call when its my turn

Rmead
18-01-2011, 01:54 PM
My CRB has just completed yesterday and I started registration at the beginning of November. I had my pre-reg visit last week. Just a social services check that I am chasing. Wait a week then ring Ofsted and ask who is doing your pre-reg visit - Prospect or Tribal then you can chase them yourself. Same with social services check I asked Ofsted which one was outstanding and am chasing it now as it's been almost 3 months.

Gigglebizxand
23-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi - I had the same problem. I have now just had my visit from the Ofsted inspector(Thursday last week) My advise would be to call Ofsed tomorrow and ask, at what point your appliacation is. I found I was then given the telephone number for Tribal who I called. I received a call back from an inspector within a couple of days and I agreed to have my inspection the next day! All short notice but I passed. Also my CRB check took 2 weeks.
Good Luck - I'm sure it will be fine, large organisations sometimes just need to be chased.:thumbsup:

flowerpots
23-01-2011, 01:30 PM
it wont hurt to give ofsted a call, see whats outstanding and start chasing, i drove them potty with all the phone calls during my pre-reg stage, theyre prob used to it :thumbsup:

curlycathy
23-01-2011, 01:46 PM
I agree - give Ofsted a ring and then you can start chasing.

Good luck with it all!xxx

Blackcat
23-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I agree - give Ofsted a ring and then you can start chasing.

Good luck with it all!xxx

i did , they are going to put my visit as a priority now all my checks are back