PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Pack

jo.jo76
17-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi Everyone

Whilst I await my registration certificate I am making my welcome pack for parents and I was wondering if you all put a photocopy of all your certificates in your welcome pack.

I read in a book that you put in a copy of registration certificate, CRB, First Aid and any other training certificates.

I'm not keen on the idea of giving out copies of these. Especially as I could be giving my pack out to parents that might decide not to use my services.

Do I do a separate pack for potential parents and another one for once they sign the contract? What are your thoughts?

Thanks
Jo

sarah707
17-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I have 2 different documents...

A huge file of everything to do with my business ... who I am, what I do, my certificates etc. It is kept here and parents can see it at any time on request.

A welcome booklet for parents which talks about pretty much everything I would want to know before sending my child to a childminder from opening and closing times to please send your child in messy play clothes etc.

Hth :D

jo.jo76
18-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Thank you Sarah, that's great

Aimi-jo
18-01-2011, 11:11 AM
What i thought of doing is having 2 portfolio's/folders basically the same but with one to give to parents after signing contracts for them to take away and have a good read through and at the back have all the permission forms for them to sign and also that they have read and understood my policys and procedures, Maybe a questionaire about the child.
when the child starts i have that one back replace all the permision slips ready for the next child.
The other folder is for parent to as and when required.
Hope that makes sense it does in my head lol x