PDA

View Full Version : Help please... SET UP COSTS & ONGOING COSTS!

a3human
17-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi, here I am with another question... and it’s a big ask I guess! :rolleyes:
I was hoping someone can share some information about their expenses!:blush:
I need to set up a business plan for my training and now at the part where I need to say how much will cost me to set up and also ongoing costs.
Was hoping maybe a few that’s been thru this can give me an idea on how much they spend and also what are your average expenses.
How much would you say is reasonable for marketing etc?
Any help would be great and if you think of anything that someone might not think of... let me know too... PLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEE?

Louise0208
17-01-2011, 09:07 PM
i think everyone will be different so you will have to work this one out for yourself depending on the setting you want.

i offer a small setting & only want 3 part time children at a time max so my expencies are minimal....however my start up costs were well over £2k

you need to take into consideration house modifications & safety, courses & travel expensies, toys, paperwork, advertising, insurance etc which is before you start minding....then you will have NI, food, toys, replacing damaged items, treats, gas, elec, water, petrol, group fees etc

i only had a start up grant of £50 due to me being a childminder 8 years ago, where as other childminders are eligable for lots more.

a3human
17-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks Louise, It is only to get an idea what people are spending. Not for a grant, I don't think they do them in my county.
I appreciate that is will be different to all... but would hate to say I will spend X amount on Marketing and then it is well over priced or unreasonable.

Thought if i ask here i might get a few replies and find out on average how much it cost to run a childminding business.

With the setting up... can a car be part of that if it is used solely for the business?

Rmead
18-01-2011, 08:40 AM
I've probably spent about £400 on toys/equipment. £25 on marketing (website was £7 for the year then vistaprint leaflets/business cards - tip for that - sign up, design your things and then don't order, they'll email much better deals! and then free sites). Haven't bought my paperwork bits like contracts or my insurance until I start. Or my membership to NCMA. First Aid £40. Registration for Ofsted £35. Bought a printer specifically for it second hand for £25. I'm sure there's other things just brain blank at the moment!
Most of my toys/equipment has been second hand from ebay, nct sales and then lots free on freecycle and includes safety necessities- first aid kit, fire blanket, fridge thermometer etc. I think by the end of it, it will be around £1000.

a3human
24-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks for this! It help a great deal!
And thanks for the tip too!