PDA

View Full Version : Newsletters

Eskysbabe
16-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi there, who does newsletters for parents? if so how often and what sort of thing do you put in the newsletter?

Toothfairy
16-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I do 4 Newsletters a year (once a quater).

I put in what we have been doing & what I have planned for the next few months.

I put in any news regarding any courses I have been on, any new toys or equipment.

I put in reminders such as paydates, clothing, pick up times etc.

I have a birthday section and a welcome and goodbye section.

You can basically put in whatever you want and do them as often as you want.

HTH :thumbsup:

cherry
16-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Here's a sample from the Bromley site

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/Sample_Newsletter_2.pdf

mufftie
16-01-2011, 10:34 PM
I do 4 Newsletters a year (once a quater).

I put in what we have been doing & what I have planned for the next few months.

I put in any news regarding any courses I have been on, any new toys or equipment.

I put in reminders such as paydates, clothing, pick up times etc.

I have a birthday section and a welcome and goodbye section.

You can basically put in whatever you want and do them as often as you want.

HTH :thumbsup:

sounds fab , think i need to get typing , as its a way of subtlely reminding parents of the rules rather than saying individually and them taking it the wrong way :thumbsup:

glitzygal
16-01-2011, 10:47 PM
sounds fab , think i need to get typing , as its a way of subtlely reminding parents of the rules rather than saying individually and them taking it the wrong way :thumbsup:

thats exactly why i send mine out,

but i have included a bit about if you pay by cheques, can you remember to sign the cheques and also it takes 5 qorking days to clear so please be promt when bills go out so i can get them in the bank,,,

i do them when i feel they need them,..... i have done personal ones to with there own childrens picture on,,doing something fun,,, they like them,,,

Eskysbabe
17-01-2011, 09:01 PM
thanks everyone, need to start doing a newsletter sounds like its a good way to remind parents of certain things x:clapping: :idea:

karensmart4
17-01-2011, 09:10 PM
I used to do newsletters once a month but changed to quarterly now.

If I need to put reminders in about payments, illness policies etc. I tend to sandwich these in the middle..... start off with positive,cheery things then put what you want to put across and end with a positive.

I put in upcoming birthdays, happy events, I thank parents who have helped out in any way ect.

They usually go down well :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
17-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Our's are similar to Toothfairy's, seem to go down well. I think sometimes the message gets across a bit better in print ;)

singingcactus
17-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't do them. I find that I'm a small enough setting to be able to talk to my parents daily and let them know what we are doing, how their little ones are doing and what we will be working on. If I need to remind them of anything I prefer to speak with them rather than write in in a generic newsletter and hope they read it.
I did try them once but found them to be pointless for me. I provide a parent notice board on which I put copies of any plans or activities, but I just stick to talking to them mostly. I do give out a copy of the leave I book, but that's really it. We do have a daily diary in which the parents write things so that I can evidence my two way conversation with parents to ofsted, they are all more than happy to do this, but I don't find the need for newsletters in such a small setting.

miffy
17-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I do one every month, most families read them (might have one that doesn't :rolleyes: ), very similar content to Toothfairy's.

Miffy xx