PDA

View Full Version : panic ofsted have just phoned

laura2kidz
17-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I am now panicking ofsted have just phoned so say they are coming on tuesday for pre reg visit. I only sent the paperwork of on Monday. I wasn't expecting them to come so quick. What do they expect to see ahhhh

Monkey1
17-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Firstly.... KEEP CALM! they wont bite!
just gather the information, polocies etc that you have and have everything to hand. You will be fine, just have a study of the standards, every child matters etc just to show you know what your on about !
It's not a test, just a pre reg, so relax!
Good luck!

deeb66
17-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Don't panic....you will be fine.

They are only coming to meet you and have a chat plus see the house.

If you do have any policies or paperwork etc then by all means she them to her/him but don't worry if you haven't because they really aren't expecting very much at the moment.

Good luck

Pipsqueak
17-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Even if you don't have (tons) of paperwork it is being able to show (verbally) that you are aware - ie that you need plug socket covers and that you need to source role play material and say where you will get these things from - toy library, library, will buy etc and will build up your resources over time etc.

Make notes of what the inspector recommends to you (even though you will get a report of any actions)
Have a list of questions at the ready (if you have any to ask)

Have all your paperwork to hand - id, crb forms etc....

Most of all stay calm (ps big tip ask for the inspectors id and check it before allowing her into the house - BIG brownie points!!!)

miffy
17-04-2008, 04:31 PM
The others have given you great advice already so I'm just going to say

Good luck

miffy xx

Mollymop
17-04-2008, 04:35 PM
You'll be fine, they really are nice people!
Good luck, although you won't need it X

emler
17-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Good luck from me too :thumbsup:

Emler x

angeldelight
22-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Good luck today with your pre reg visit

Angel xx

ma7ie
22-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Good luck. Hope all goes well. :D

ajs
22-04-2008, 08:00 AM
good luck from me too
let us know how it went won't you

jaja
22-04-2008, 09:20 AM
good luck xx

laura2kidz
23-04-2008, 05:46 PM
thanks everyone for your replys, it went not to bad yesterday unfortunately my 2 year old screamed all the way through it. I managed to get the house up together after painting the lounge late saturday night. She picked me up on several little things like the skirting board not being painted and a few cobwebs (which was not there the night before lol ) i was ok till she asked to look in my bedroom which i wasn't expecting and it was a mess as i had literally dumped everything in there. oh well

sarah707
23-04-2008, 05:47 PM
thanks everyone for your replys, it went not to bad yesterday unfortunately my 2 year old screamed all the way through it. I managed to get the house up together after painting the lounge late saturday night. She picked me up on several little things like the skirting board not being painted and a few cobwebs (which was not there the night before lol ) i was ok till she asked to look in my bedroom which i wasn't expecting and it was a mess as i had literally dumped everything in there. oh well

She picked you up on unpainted skirting boards and cobwebs! :eek:

I think my inspector must have been blind! :laughing:

SonnysMummy
23-04-2008, 08:57 PM
What have the skirting boards and afew cobwebs got to do with the care you can give children?:eek:
Says she who painted her front gates before they came :rolleyes:
Can't believe they said something about those things though!!!

mrsh
24-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Why did she check in your bedroom???
I will be closing my upstairs off completely as I have a downstairs loo but will they still want to inspect upstairs??? :panic:

laura2kidz
24-04-2008, 01:56 PM
she said even rooms you were not registering she had to see, which i also was not expecting. It was a tip in there.

Banana
24-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Why did she check in your bedroom???
I will be closing my upstairs off completely as I have a downstairs loo but will they still want to inspect upstairs??? :panic:

Yes, the inspector will still want to see the entire house - just to make sure you dont use your spare room as a childs torture chamber :laughing:

Cant believe she picked you up pn skirting boards - crikey, they really are taking the P***

xx

ma7ie
24-04-2008, 02:28 PM
My inspector never asked to see the bedrooms I'm not registered for - Thank God.:D

SimplyLucy
24-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Blimey, I'm glad my pre-reg inspector didn't ask to look in the bedroom, she wouldn't have been able to open the door as I'd shoved everything in there to make the rest of the house look tidy!

I also shoved all my kids spare coats and shoes in the car in a last minute panic to make my hall look clear! :blush:

littletreasures
24-04-2008, 04:39 PM
The inspector my friend had wanted to see in all the rooms just to make sure she hadn't got any kids hiding in the cupboards or under the beds to make her over her numbers!!! The inspector said it had happened!!!

littletreasures

crazybones
24-04-2008, 04:44 PM
My inspector a few years ago told me that he had found a cannabis farm in the spare room on one inspection he did. :eek:

miffy
24-04-2008, 04:52 PM
My inspector a few years ago told me that he had found a cannabis farm in the spare room on one inspection he did. :eek:

Crikey wouldn't have thought childminding and growing cannabis went together

At least it's all over now - well done

miffy xx

SonnysMummy
24-04-2008, 08:20 PM
She asked me which rooms i want to use and i said all except my bedroom, so she didn't want to see that room. I'm glad she didn't want to look inside my bedroom cupboard as all the junk was chucked in there!!!:blush: I did do a massive spring clean and tidy of the rest of the house though so this week has been great as i haven't had any housework to do!!!:)