PDA

View Full Version : cypop 5

tidsy tots
15-01-2011, 03:47 PM
hiya everyone.

has anyone done the cypop 5 with the ncma? i have completed and submitted my work have been waiting 9 weeks for it to be assesed just woundering if any one,s had any probs with the course?:eek:

missymood
31-01-2011, 02:42 PM
How did you get on with it as it is very long winded or is it me?

tidsy tots
01-02-2011, 02:20 PM
hiya.

i found it a little daunting at first but once i got in to it i found it allright.
not to happy with the way you have to submit your completed work for marking.
I submitted mine online in november an it still saying awaiting assement, sent numerous emails asking how long i have to wait and all they say is it is awaiting assement ( like i did,nt all ready know) and i will be contacted when its done. They havent even bothered to answer my last email so im still in the dark:panic:
and all for the bargin price of £244.00.

teacake2
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Being thick here what is the course you are talking about please?
Teacake2

tidsy tots
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
hiya
its the new diploma i think its a level 3, cypop 5 unit 1 understand how to set up and run a childcare bussiness. its run by the ncma. its a requirement to be able to register as a childminder.

hope that helps ;)

rebecca4573
21-04-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm doing mine via @home childcare and they are very good and mark my assignments within a few days. Have had good feedback so far and only two more assignments to go. 9 weeks seems an awfully long time to wait! Maybe call them?

lucylou30
29-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi, am now on task 7 of cypop 5. Doing it through NCMA distance learning and feel completely abandonned by them. Have sent a few emails asking for help with clarifying stuff but have not heard back in a week :( . So, am turning to you. Noticed on the resources there is a sheet to fill in for evidence, evidence of what? Has anyone provided evidence for their work? If so what and how?
Thanks
Lucy

carolyn miller
25-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi there,
im having real problems with trying to complete my CYPOP 5 course i only have till the 25th Of June to Complete and have hardly started yet!! as i have a 7 month old baby and i have been slow in trying to get the motivation to start the course..
I am very excited to became a childminder and up to this point i have completed all that needs to be done.. i have my inspection in a few weeks, which im a little worried about but im sure all will be fine..

So my problem is!!!!!
i have been left to do this course on my own, i have no idea how to submit my assessments and iv read and read up on how to do it but i still dont get how im ment to send them.
Should i receive any help.... does anybody know?
Because i feel as if iv been giving 3 months to do a diploma course which takes a good 3 years to learn everything about childminding if i went to Uni???

the tasks that are given are the answers all in the book or do i reasearch the task online?
Any help at this point will be very much appreciated
:panic: :eek:

mumto3
10-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm doing mine via @home childcare and they are very good and mark my assignments within a few days. Have had good feedback so far and only two more assignments to go. 9 weeks seems an awfully long time to wait! Maybe call them?

Hi, Can I ask, this company is based in nottingham, the website is nottingham city council, is that where u r from or can anyone do it from a different area, im not sure if thats a silly question or not :rolleyes:

Clario
17-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi All.

I have just started the CYPOP 5 course through NCMA and find it very strange that work is not assessed untill ALL tasks are complete. I am an NVQ assessor and also an Internal Verifier and have never heard of this kind of practice. If no one checks any of it until the end, what happens if I have gone off in the wrong direction(9 tasks to start again!!!)????

I chose to do it with NCMA because of who they are (I have paid £190). Thinking about it, it took me 5 calls to them, leaving a message each time before i eventually got to speak to someone about the course. No one ever rang me back :mad: I really hope that wasnt a warning sign..........

Has your work been marked yet Tidsy Tot? If not have you thought about using the 'Appeals Procedure' in 'Help and Support'?

Im really concerned now that i have found this thread.......

sammiec
30-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Hiya all, I've been doing cypop 5 since june. I wasn't told there was a time limit so have had to apply for extra time. They have given me till 1/12/11 and I'm now just finishing task 7. I've have had no support either. Is there some kind of complaints procedure?? When I've called and actually got someone she says "it's all in the book" "read the book". Getting frustrating, my friend who is a primary school teacher tried to help and she couldnt understand what they wanted!! I'm feeling let down but the ncma and I'm not even minding yet! :mad:

ShanaChambers
30-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Hiya all, I've been doing cypop 5 since june. I wasn't told there was a time limit so have had to apply for extra time. They have given me till 1/12/11 and I'm now just finishing task 7. I've have had no support either. Is there some kind of complaints procedure?? When I've called and actually got someone she says "it's all in the book" "read the book". Getting frustrating, my friend who is a primary school teacher tried to help and she couldnt understand what they wanted!! I'm feeling let down but the ncma and I'm not even minding yet! :mad:

I know how you feel! I've submitted mine and keep asking for help as they have referred it back to me for more info. I wrote well over 500 words for task 7 and included bits about toy libraries, nature trial areas, soft play centres etc. The assessor said "You show a good understanding of inclusion through play. Please give more information on your challenging and enjoyable learning environment in the home - give more information about your routines such as the school run etc" I really don't know what to write. I have uploaded my Continuous Provision guide and I gave loads of info in the first submission, so am really stuck on what to add :/

Please could someone give me a bit of advice? Thank you

Clario
05-11-2011, 01:01 PM
I wish i could help as i have had similar feedback. I have been doing the course for over months and worked really hard to get all tasks completed within a few weeks. I then submitted all and waited 6 weeks before i eventually got a response to why my work hadnt been marked(holiday season and technical issues). Emails are a waste of time as it taking between 3 days and a week for a reply and phone calls are worse with no response at all.

I have now resubmitted the work and have so far waited 4 weeks and it still has not been checked. Im logging in every day as i need this course completed fast. I thought by doing it through NCMA i would have no problems and that support would be available. Unfortunately, i was wrong!!

I would strongly advise anyone wanting to do this course to find another provider until NCMA can sort out their communication and marking procedure.

Apologies for the rant but in at the end of my teather with this course!!!
:mad:

jadavi
05-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Just querying tidsytots comment that this was a required course to become a childminder...surely not? I have become registered and didnt do it.

Does she/he mean its a required course to be able to offer funded nursery places for 3/4 y os?

Clario
05-11-2011, 04:55 PM
The course has to be completed after a briefing session and before any other courses or registering with OFSTED. I think it is a new course though so maybe you didnt need to do it?

jadavi
05-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I have only just registered 4 weeks ago and only had to do a free course offered by childminding matters called Intro to childminding - an 8 weeks session.

cade29
05-11-2011, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Clario;1006554]

I would strongly advise anyone wanting to do this course to find another provider until NCMA can sort out their communication and marking procedure.

i did my CYPOP5 with MNTTraining. you get 8weeks to do it but only took 2 days to mark. i had to resubbmit 1 question and took a week for that to be marked.
It also only cost £146. so a bargain compared to NCMA.

hope this helps someone.

jo x

Clario
06-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Thats fantastic Jo. Im so jealous now!!!!

Fingers crossed i (and all of the other NCMA candidates) get sorted soon.

jumping j
06-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I registered a year ago and didn't have to do the course but it is one of the units in the diploma in CYPW, but i got feedback from my assessor within a month, I'm doing it through a local college though.

Natternic
06-11-2011, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=Clario;1006554]

i did my CYPOP5 with MNTTraining. you get 8weeks to do it but only took 2 days to mark. i had to resubbmit 1 question and took a week for that to be marked.
It also only cost £146. so a bargain compared to NCMA.

hope this helps someone.

jo x

me too, and yes its one unit of the level 3 certificate(cant remember full name) different councils run in different ways unfortunately!

Sparkles
08-11-2011, 02:50 PM
oh no!!! i too am struggling with the CYPOP5 course and panicking how I'm going to get it all done in time. I am the same as everyone else and went with NCMA as I thought it would be the best avenue. I'm only on task 3 and am meant to be complete by 31/12/11. I dont know how I will ever do this as everytime I submit a task for mentor review, they review it, I amend it to suit their comments, send it back again, and then they find something else wrong with it. I feel like I'm on a sinking ship!!! :huh:

Two Princesses
09-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Is there a way of giving them feedback on the course as it would seem that most people are struggling with what they're actually after in the answers?
I was very niave when I got my course as I understood it to have a 6 month time limit on it and now I'm asking for an extension as it's supposed to be submitted on the 30th :-( I should read better! I am now very worried that I won't get it done in time.

alisonc
09-11-2011, 02:34 PM
hi!
I completed my CYPOP5 a couple of months ago with the NCMA and like a lot of you I had the same issues. Having never worked in childcare before, it is vey difficult to know whether you're on the right lines or not. There is no guidance about word limits or anything.
I found this site really useful, even just realising that everyone else was struggling too.
The good news is that after a long wait (and an apologetic email from NCMA), I passed :jump for joy:
My advice to you is not to over think it, break down each question into parts and tackle one bit at a time.
It's extremely long winded but I assure you by task 7 the end is in sight!!!!
good luck x
Ali

Clario
09-11-2011, 10:07 PM
I have only just registered 4 weeks ago and only had to do a free course offered by childminding matters called Intro to childminding - an 8 weeks session.

I wouldnt worry about it. I think all areas are starting the CYPOP course at different times so maybe you were lucky and manager to catch the old style course and avoided what we are all struggling with. Maybe you will be given the option to complete it in the future as it is a unit towards the full level 3 if you choose to do that.

Sparkles
10-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Thank goodness for this site and we are not alone in this cyberworld of education!!!

I still havent had a response from my mentor!! It's only been 3 days now :mad:, in that time I've completed task 3 and am now trying to get through task 4. I'm completely stumped on demonstrating financial planning!! Can anyone give me some pointers on what they are expecting to see please? I havent got a clue on this one if I am honest. :eek:

Any help would be massively appreciated!!!! :)

Clario
17-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Thank goodness for this site and we are not alone in this cyberworld of education!!!

Task 4. I'm completely stumped on demonstrating financial planning!! Can anyone give me some pointers on what they are expecting to see please? I havent got a clue on this one if I am honest. :eek:

Any help would be massively appreciated!!!! :)

I used a business plan template i found on a banks website (cant remember which one as there were a few). I basically answered the questions on the template that were appropriate and added fees and stuff to forcast what i may make in the first year. It was actually really useful for myself too. The feedback was fab (when i eventually got it!).

I had an interesting conversation with a man from OFSTED yesterday. I told him about the problems i was having with NCMA. He told me that the only thing i needed to do to be able to apply to register was complete a paediatric first aid course.......CYPOP5 needs to be completed but can be done in the first 6 months of being registered.......Had i known this in the first place i would have been registered by now instead of having to wait until possibly February......ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

This is all so frustrating.

Mishy
21-11-2011, 11:10 PM
I waited 12 weeks to get a reply and about another 8 weeks to get my cert :rolleyes:

Sparkles
14-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks Clario.... I still need to go back to this task and complete that, so will look into that today. very helpful. Thank you. :)

I've managed to get up to task 7, and am starting it as we speak, but again.... I'm lost!! Once I get my head round things I can tackle them, but starting them off on the right note seems to take hours of research! I'm reading the book, but sometimes I finish a chapter and think... what use was that??

I am not doing my first aid training until January. I put it off until I had completed the coursework. Seems like we are all being kept in the dark about what we all really need to know! Considering how repetitive the course is, I find it all really mis-managed.

Then to top it off, another child minder who was at the school yesterday said to me "I dont want to put you off or anything, but there's not alot of work round here anymore" grrrrr