PDA

View Full Version : heating/lighting expenses

crazyhazy
15-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm just catching up with my paperwork and wanted to clarify how you put through your gas/electric expenses? I know it's a % depending on hours worked but do you take a yearly amount based on your direct debit and divide to work it out or do you have to base it on the actual charges?

Eg we pay £142 per month for both so I just intended to take the yearly total and work it out from there but also not sure if hours worked varys will I need to put a weekly amount through rather than a monthly?

Please help am getting myself more confused the more I think about it lol

thanks x

rickysmiths
15-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I take my yearly amount based on my dd. I would then work out the weekly amount and work out percentages out from that.

Ripeberry
15-01-2011, 12:11 PM
The hours worked also include, setting up, cleaning up, doing paperwork, NOT just the actual hours you do as you said they vary all the time.
I just get all the bills out from April 09 to April 10 add them together and do the percentage based on what hours I've put in (including the above).

Just take it off at the end, can't be faffing around with trying to work it out weekly or monthly for that matter :cool:

Chatterbox Childcare
15-01-2011, 02:18 PM
The hours worked also include, setting up, cleaning up, doing paperwork, NOT just the actual hours you do as you said they vary all the time.
I just get all the bills out from April 09 to April 10 add them together and do the percentage based on what hours I've put in (including the above).

Just take it off at the end, can't be faffing around with trying to work it out weekly or monthly for that matter :cool:

If I was doing averages I would do it this way too

crazyhazy
15-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks have done all my accounts up to date now and feeling very pleased with myself!

sarah707
15-01-2011, 04:31 PM

That's how I do it too! :D