PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Visit

NicoleW
14-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Okay so it's only taken since October 2009 but I have my Ofsted visit on wednesday!

Taking our puppies to the beach for the first time tomorrow so after that going to do a full clean. She mentioned that she'll have to look upstairs aswell eventhough it's not being registered I'll only be minding downstairs, (I have a downstairs toilet and bathroom)

Also, I have one smoke alarm on the landing upstairs, do I need one downstairs aswell?

Hope it's not raining then, muddy paw prints from the dogs all over the kitchen :(

Blackcat
14-01-2011, 12:02 PM
yes you do need another fire alarm downstairs

NicoleW
14-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Thank you will put it up this evening.

Another quickie, I assume (silly question) I'm going to have to wait for my CRB to come back before I can start advertising?

Ofsted sent them off on the 20th of December, when I posted them first class on the 1st of november! They said it'll take 6 - 8 weeks but maybe a bit longer due to Christmas and New Year

Doofuz
15-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Good luck for Ofsted visit :)

Two fire alarms are required, one upstairs and one downstairs (my house is TINY so that's suitable for me, if your house is bigger, you may need one placed in other areas) It might be advisable to wait until your CRB is back before you advertise, but it doesn't stop you telling people you know who may need a childminder, at least then you have some possibilities. I am only at my pre-registration stage and I have two parents interested in placing their children with me. If you do tell some of your friends, they may tell their own friends and so on - easy advertising!

Good luck again, let us know how you get on :)