PDA

View Full Version : Renewing your CRB?

Tippy Toes
14-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi

I have posted this on the main forum page, most memeber are saying we dont need to renew our CRB. But Im in South Wales so wondeirng whether we have to?

If so how do I renew mine (it erxpires July) and also how much does it cost?

Mine expires July so when do I need to start the application for renewal?

Many thanks

tulip0803
14-01-2011, 07:15 PM
In Wales we have to renew ours, and those over 16 living in the house, every 3 years. you need to contact your CSSIW inspector about 8-12 weeks before the date on your CRB form to get the ball rolling. Mine runs out in March and I asked my CSSIW insp what I needed to do last Sept.

As far as I know they pay not us:D

manjay
14-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Hmm sure I have answered this one already! but my mind is starting to play tricks on me:rolleyes:

Tippy Toes
15-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Hmm sure I have answered this one already! but my mind is starting to play tricks on me:rolleyes:

Yes you have answered it already in the main forum! Posted it twice because it seems childminders in England do not need to renew so I was getting a bit confused :)

Ms WG
15-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Mine's due for renewal in April. All I had planned on doing was making an appointment to pop to the CSSIW offices in Tremorfa, taking the relevant documentation with me and bobs your uncle

Tippy Toes
16-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Mine's due for renewal in April. All I had planned on doing was making an appointment to pop to the CSSIW offices in Tremorfa, taking the relevant documentation with me and bobs your uncle

Thanks for your reply :)

manjay
16-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Make sure you have ordered the CRB form first before you go into the offices;)

CSSIW
17-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi,

Just to let you know that in Wales, childminders and their adult family members do need to renew CRBs every three years.

Currently this is done through CSSIW and the individual should contact their local CSSIW office approx three months before the existing CRB check expires.

You can find your local CSSIW office on our website www.cssiw.org.uk (http://www.cssiw.org.uk)

- just click on the "About Us" tab and then the "Contact Us" link on the left hand side.

Hope this helps

Pauline
17-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi,

Just to let you know that in Wales, childminders and their adult family members do need to renew CRBs every three years.

Currently this is done through CSSIW and the individual should contact their local CSSIW office approx three months before the existing CRB check expires.

You can find your local CSSIW office on our website www.cssiw.org.uk (http://www.cssiw.org.uk)

- just click on the "About Us" tab and then the "Contact Us" link on the left hand side.

Hope this helps

Thank you for that, much appreciated. :)

Ms WG
17-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Make sure you have ordered the CRB form first before you go into the offices;)

Blimey, thought they would have all the necessary forms there

tulip0803
20-01-2011, 05:17 PM
My renewal forms arrived in the post this morning as the inspector had put it in her diary :thumbsup: .

manjay
20-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Blimey, thought they would have all the necessary forms there

In Flintshire CSSIW give you a reference number which you quote when you call CRB. The CRB offices then generate the form.