PDA

View Full Version : Childminding brief!

fieryleo1984
13-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi ladies, so I have taken the first step and booked into a childminding brief. Just wondered what this involves? Im really looking forward to it but nevous to!
x

Fraggle1
13-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Congratulations on making the first step! :)

I was really nervous but ours were held over 2 sessions and they just gave us loads of information on what you have to do to become a childminder, handed out lots of information packs inc. the application pack etc...and we did a few team activities...just writing brainstorming things down. It was very informative. Mine was last May - can't believe I'm beginning my new career now :) good luck with it all x

newbie1512
14-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi

Mine was really nice. It was just for 2 hours and everything about what you need to consider is explained and we were given the application pack and various other info.

Im hoping to be registered soon, so its all realy new to metoo. But I have to say this site and members are soooo much help

Doofuz
15-01-2011, 08:54 AM
I had mine over one evening and it was basically an information event, they gave me some handouts and a confirmation slip to apply for course IF first visit from development officer went to plan. People asked lots of questions related to the pre-registration process. She asked if people had the literacy and numeracy tests that are needed to get onto course, if they didn't have them they were booked on for the test asap. We all gave our telephone numbers and were told that we would get a call soon to make a date for them to come round and look at suitability of the house, and put us forward for the course.

The visit was the chance to ask about funding, and ratios and what needs to be in place before the Ofsted inspector comes.

Maybe not necessary for you, I took the day off to clean the house before she came round that evening as I was so nervous. I needn't have worried, she just wanted to make sure I understood safety measures such as fire guards, intoxicating and dangerous items are away when children present, the need for safety gates on top and bottom of stairs etc. If you show understanding for it, your officer will put you forward for the course and everything moves very fast from there on. I have dogs and really steep stairs too, she wanted to know my policy and risk assessments on those.

Then, when the time comes for the course, you will get given the application forms for Ofsted, homework and dates for courses such as first aid and safeguarding. I have only had one session of the course so far and I love it :D

Enjoy the process, it is nerve wracking but really, everything comes together easily. So far, all the professional people are so nice and want to see me do well in it all :)

fieryleo1984
15-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi Everyone, I went to the brief! It was really informative..lots of information going round in my head at the moment. We have date for all the courses that I need to book and the development officer will be visiting me a week on monday to discuss everything. She did explain about grants but because of the cuts in our local authority she is not sure what will be happening after march. So next step filling in the application forms and booking the courses on monday.

Im really excited but still nervous lol.
Em x:clapping: