PDA

View Full Version : Medication Permission

Rjowens101
13-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi I know there a few threads on this already but I haven't found a clear answer to what I'm looking for.

Basically I'm trying to get all my paperwork ready for mrs o

I have found in the past that I have needed to give a child calpol whilst in my care due to fever out of the blue. Basically I phone the parent to get permission and then administer.

Now I know we are suposed to get written permission first, but this isn't always realistic, so I just get them to sign when they collect.

What does everyone else do?
Should I put it on a permission form?
Should I not give them anything?
What do I tell mrs o?

:panic:

Rachel

linda2girls
13-01-2011, 12:12 PM
I have a permission form that parents sign to say I can give calpol, etc and they give me the medicine to hold here.

If I ever need to give it, I text the parent and request they text back to say they are happy for me to adminster.

I then record it and parents sign.

Linda.

CHUNKY MONKEY
13-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I would have the same but I would include that if I was unable to get a reply the form permits me to administer calpol if the child's temp is above 38.5. I would explain to Ofsted that the child's well being is my main priority and I would not want a child to potentially have a fit etc. I ask parents in the morning as standard if their child has had any medication.

clio0602
13-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I have just found a medication permission form on Bromley saying that you can give calpol etc then you can just txt/call parent and they sign when pick lo up x

miffy
13-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I have just found a medication permission form on Bromley saying that you can give calpol etc then you can just txt/call parent and they sign when pick lo up x

I would always check with parents first - what if they had already administered calpol (or something else) before the child came to you and they hadn't told you - you might then overdose the child.

Miffy xx

clio0602
13-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I would always check with parents first - what if they had already administered calpol (or something else) before the child came to you and they hadn't told you - you might then overdose the child.

Miffy xx

Yes I meant txt/call the parent before giving it to the child :o