PDA

View Full Version : inspection tomorrow and am in bed with flu

Memina
12-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Hello,

I got the dreaded phone call last wednesday to say that my inspection will be between last thursday and this thursday. So I thought great bring it on I'm ready. Still haven't had it and this morning I had to phone all my parents telling them I couldn't work as I'm in bed with flu. Great! What should I do if mrs o turns up tomorrow? No kids house upside down as my dh has been playing nurse maid and looking after the kids.

Shall I ask them to come back or just struggle through it?

Memina
13-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Hello all,

Well as no-one was able to offer pearls of wisdom for my problem I decided to muddle through.

Well mrs o turned up and guess what... I was graded GOOD yay

sandy64
13-01-2011, 02:11 PM
well done you have done so well you must be proud hope your feeling better sorry i hadnt seen your post to offer advice but glad it went well:)

Rubybubbles
13-01-2011, 02:52 PM
well done, although I don't know how you managed to get out of bed! I would of deferred it!

Did you have any children in the setting then?

angeldelight
13-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Hello all,

Well as no-one was able to offer pearls of wisdom for my problem I decided to muddle through.

Well mrs o turned up and guess what... I was graded GOOD yay

Sorry to hear you are poorly and hope you feel a bit better today

I would def have cancelled it - did she inspect you with no children?

Well done on getting your good :clapping:

Angel xx

Memina
13-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah I just about managed to drag myself out of bed, comb my hair and teeth. My DH took charge of taking my son to school and sorting out my daughter.

When she knocked at the door I answered and said hello she said who she was and said you must have been expecting me. I said oh yes sorry but I have been ill and my minded children today are off ill.

She said oh poor things are you feeling upto carrying on or would you like to re-arrange.

Ofcourse I invited her in and she asked me what grade I'd be happy with and I said satisfactory but obviously really happy with a good. She said it would be very difficult to prove a good as no children present 'roll in my dd' . 3hours later 100 million questions later and there You go. Hurray for me!

Ripeberry
13-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Gosh! you did well, 3 hrs of questions, sounds like torture, especially when you feel rough.

primula
13-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Not to take anything away from your grade but I am sure I read somewhere that you would only get a satisfactory without children at inspection??? so much conflicting info!

Memina
13-01-2011, 04:50 PM
She did say that my records, learning journeys and parent feedback proved that I went beyond the minimum requirements. She also said that the way my little girl interacted with the toys and various resources she could visualise how the children in my setting had access to the toys.

mamasheshe
13-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Not to take anything away from your grade but I am sure I read somewhere that you would only get a satisfactory without children at inspection??? so much conflicting info!

I'm pretty sure of this too i've just had my inspection over two days because didn't have any minded children in first day i had my two dds so she just did paperwork and came back and observed me with the children today (again not to take anything away from you, if you got good when you where ill and it was you DD think what you could get on a "normal" day sure it's more than deserved just didn't think they could do that)

glitzygal
13-01-2011, 08:08 PM

I didnt have children when mrs O came, on my last visit and she actually said as i didnt have children she could only give me satisfactory,

wish they would all do it the same,,, but well done:clapping:

rickysmiths
13-01-2011, 08:09 PM
You are very brave and well done. I would have got my dh to have rung them yesterday and postpone the inspection. I surprised the inspector wanted to come anywhere near you with flu. :panic:

xdirtydancerx
13-01-2011, 09:10 PM
I didnt have children when mrs O came, on my last visit and she actually said as i didnt have children she could only give me satisfactory,

wish they would all do it the same,,, but well done:clapping:

I only had one child for an hr and was told the max grade i could get was satisfactory as well