PDA

View Full Version : can some 1 explain to me plz,never thought about these insurances, do i need them

marlee1986
12-01-2011, 12:06 PM
hello all i didnt realise we needed theese insurances, if i have a counsil house do i still need buildings insurance as the house is council owned, i dnt understand why i would need building insurance, i get the contence and accidental damges insurance, can some 1 explain please :)

cuddlybunny38
12-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Im council, I dont have building insurance. I though only private had that, i thought it was to cover if someone injured themselves on the proprerty. which is what are liability insurance is if you are a minder, I do have home contents which has liability if someone outside of my working hours had an injury would cover

Straws
12-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi,
You won't need building insurance if you are in a rented property the landlord or council will already have buildings insurance in place, however you will need to ask the council for permission to run childminding business from your council home.

Contents and accidental damages shop around for these as they can charge high rates for childminders or they might exclude accidental damge cover.

You will also need childminders insurance which you can get from NCMA or MM this covers you if any children have accidents

Straws xx

marlee1986
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
thankyou fot the infomation, i thought id need contence and accidental, im still early pre-reg stage so will start shopping around soon, and liabitlity i think i get with ncma dnt i as im in cambridge so we get 1 years free ncma insurance and membershio, thankyou, helpful as alway on this forum :)