PDA

View Full Version : work experience student

TinyTinker
12-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi
My hubby is going away for 10 days in August and he is my assistant. I do not get extra numbers working with him, but am allowed more under 5's. I was hoping not to have to close while he is away, but would then need cover for the days when I am slightly over the limit of the numbers I am allowed on my own - if that makes sense!:rolleyes:

My friends daughter is studying childcare at a local college and would be only to grateful for work experience. I just wondered if having her with my while hubby is away would make it okay to have the numbers I have? does she need to be CRB checked - I know she wouldn't be able to be left alone with them etc.

Any help?
Thanks

butterfly
12-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I think you'd have to contact ofsted and see what they thought. i imagine she'd have to go through the exact same checks as your husband did so that she would be classed as your assistant. She'd def need a crb.

the happy house
12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
she's def still need all the usual checks - and I'm pretty sure she also needs to be over 18 (not sure where I read this, but know I cae across it recently). Worth a call to ofsted to find out.