PDA

View Full Version : 'Daily Diary' - is this what you send home with kids?

nessynoodle
11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
A few people have amentined their daily diary - I am slightly confused about what this is which probably sounds stupid, but I send the kids home each night with a book which I have written everything we have done inside, is that what it is, or something you keep in the house?

On a different note I don't know much about learning journeys - I am completeing the induction course much later than first expected due to being ill for one class, but now I feel quite behind with Ofsted lurking.

Thanks

acorns
11-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Hiya, I have a daily diary which is as you said and goes home each evening. Then i also have a folder that has photos, artwork and anything to do with what we are doing or where we have been and this will be given to children on leaving to keep. Then I also have my individual planning and observations books for each child which are kept with me but parents can look at any time and these will also go in the folder when children leave. HTH

SamBaker
11-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Hiya, Then i also have a folder that has photos, artwork and anything to do with what we are doing or where we have been and this will be given to children on leaving to keep. Then I also have my individual planning and observations books for each child which are kept with me but parents can look at any time and these will also go in the folder when children leave. HTH

so do these need to be seperate or can they all be in the same folder?

acorns
11-01-2011, 02:24 PM
so do these need to be seperate or can they all be in the same folder?

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about it. Mainly what works for you is going to be best. If you do obs and planning on seperate sheets then I would keep them in the folder for each child. (I have a folder with dividers & subject headings, so one could be Obs & planning if you do it this way)

nessynoodle
11-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Ok thanks!

Louise0208
11-01-2011, 07:22 PM
staple the diary to the parents head so they remember to bring it back! :(

i did 2.....never to be seen again :rolleyes:

seriously though, i put lots of effort into mine, had them machine bound, colour copied with all my business artwork large enough to last 6 months & they went home the first week & 1 parent lost hers and the other got shredded by the child at home! :eek:

venus89
11-01-2011, 07:57 PM
staple the diary to the parents head so they remember to bring it back! :(

i did 2.....never to be seen again :rolleyes:

:eek: I'm not surprised you never saw them again if you stapled daily diaries to their heads :laughing: :laughing: