PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Visit Next Week... Shaking Already!!!

Vikkileeds
11-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi guys,

I have my pre- reg visit next week with Ofsted & suddenly feel very unprepared and nervous. What paperwork will I need to have completed? What safety measures should already be in place? Any info would be appreciated :)

Rmead
11-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi there,
I have mine on Thursday. Nervous too! I don't think paperwork wise you definitely need anything but you need to be able to talk it through I think in terms of what policies you will need and risk assessments. I'm half way through them don't think I'll be done by Thursday! Have you completed the pre-reg visit booklet? I've done mine but going to read through it to remember the questions as I filled it in so long ago. Think those are the questions they ask.
Good luck for next week :)

sarah707
11-01-2011, 06:12 PM
You need to work your way through the pre-reg booklet and know most of the answers.

Also write a list of questions to ask Mrs O.

Good luck! Don't forget to let us know how you get on :D

TinyTinker
12-01-2011, 11:37 AM
You do not have to have all your policies and risk assessments complete. They just want to know you have made a start, thought about them and are on the right track etc. But they do love it if you have completed them:)

They will walk around your home, pointing out things and making sure any 'risks' are on your risk assessments or point out that they need to be etc.

They will ask most of the questions in the guidance book and ask you about the 6 eyfs development areas, what they are and what activities you will provide for them etc.

They ask how you will make your home secure and about smoke alarms and fire drills.

It's not scarey, they are actually their to help you. Good luck;)