PDA

View Full Version : New Baby Starting

AnnieM
09-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Ok, so since the EYFS came into being I really haven't had anyone of the age to be in it, youngest left 2 years ago and I just did basic obs on him and kept a daily diary where I wrote everything up. I have had lots of advice from Blaze on here and have bought some of Sarah's e-books, done loads of reading on the forum and my EYFS pack, my problem is this, I am starting shortly to care for my 5 month old grandson, now I don't think I have to do obs/LJ with him, but I would like to, as I think it will be nice for him to have when he gets older, plus I have my inspection March/April time and I have no other children in the EYFS so think it will help there too, but whaat do I need to do when he first starts to get it kicked off, I already know him quite well :laughing: so think I can get straight into it, do I need to do one of those assessment type things to start with so I know where he's at developmentally or do I just dive straight in with obs? If I do need to do the assessment thingy anyone any ideas where I can find such a thing? :blush: I feel terrible asking all this after almost 17 years of minding, but I just don't have any littlies. :(

sarah707
09-01-2011, 08:15 PM
If you are childminding him then yes you do have to do the Eyfs with him.

Start with an all about me form which mum fills in... then watch and listen.

Use the Eyfs guidance booklet to do your observations and assessments and plan from his interests and things you know he likes.

Enjoy! :D

AnnieM
09-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks Sarah, I will print one of the all about me sheets in for his mum, do you know what I mean about the development assessment type sheets, (sorry I don't know what they are called) and do I need to do one?