PDA

View Full Version : Notifying parents of change

twinkle3005
16-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi All

I've never charged parents for holidays I take and have only charged 1/2 for parents holidays. I now have a parent wanting me to have her children in term time only so I've decided to charge her full fees for 2 weeks and 2 weeks half fees for holidays I take so my pay doesn't drop dramatically during summer hols. The problem is I have been minding another child for 1 1/2 years and would like to start charging her parents 1/2 fees for 2 weeks I take. How can I word a letter stating that I'm changing my holiday policy and do you think that it's ok for me to start charging for my holds after so long?

Thanks

Jo xx

Blaze
16-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Sorry I can't help with the letter...just wanted to say it's usual to charge a retaining fee (worked out on a weekly basis) of 50% of the usual fee amount during the holidays for term time only contracts...this guarentees the palce for the start of term. IYSWIM?
Blaze:)

sarah707
16-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Would it be an idea to start charges for new families and leave your current ones on their usual rate? I don't know, I just maybe feel that something like that is quite a big change and might frighten them away or cause ill feeling. :(

Twinkles
16-04-2008, 05:19 PM
It is quite a big change and I would probably just implement it for new parents.
I wouldn't risk upsetting the parents over a change of mind.

disney
17-04-2008, 08:48 AM
i also had this , and decided i didnt want to upset the parents i had been with for so long , so i didnt change anything . but decided that i would do it for any new parent that came along , but im afraid i still had problems as the new parents, new the others & talked & the new ones asked why wasnt it all the same :angry: i just said thing are not the same for every one but i dont think they think its fair if they are not treat the same .

just cant seem to please every one im afraid , from now on i do whats best for me & if they dont like it im sorry they can go else were :eek: x

deeb66
17-04-2008, 11:09 AM
You are well within your rights to change anything you want when the contract is due for update/renewal.

Each year on the anniversary of the contract I increase my fees and make any changes that I want to make.

I think as long as you give the parents plenty of notice and talk to them about it they will be a little more understanding and accept any changes.

Just explain that they get their holidays at half price so you think it only fair that you get your at half price too......either that or they pay you full fee for their holidays and nothing for yours.

The key to any change is talking to the parent and not just surprising them with new conditions.

HTH

angeldelight
22-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Hope you sorted it

Iagree with Dee also

Good luck

Angel xx

hello kitty
22-04-2008, 07:26 AM
I agree with Dee, keep communicating with parents and give plenty of notice of any changes whether it is holidays dates or fee increases. Lack of communication only breeds misunderstanding and resentment.

Oh and put things in writing too.

hbomb1
22-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I agree with Dee.

I have put within my brochure to parents that fee increases and any other contractual/policy amendments will be reviewed and implemented every 1st April.

Here is what I request:-

Parent holidays = full fees
CM holidays = no fee
Bank Holidays = half fee

Helen :)