PDA

View Full Version : Possible first family - now stuck on which paperwork they must have!

Sara T
06-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone!

I searched through the threads but couldnt find what I was after

I was after a little advice please. I had a lovely mum and her little one come to visit yesterday, she is in the process of sorting a new job and has an interview shortly. She said at the visit that it may be an immediate start and that there is a possibility it could be next week!! :D

I do not want to get carried away as I understand things can be unpredictable, but she did ask how quick I could do the paperwork if all goes well with the job and she wishes to start. Of course I can do it as quickly as she needs it, but as it is my first time with official contracts I was wondering if any of you could see if there is anything I have missed from this list, or if I am adding too much ( as I don't want to overwhelm the new parents! )

I am just worried from an Ofsted point of view in case I miss anything vital

She has already gone away with my welcome information about me, my home and my setting, fees, times etc but nothing official

This is what I was planning on putting together if they go ahead:

All about me form (for parents to complete about little one )
Policies and procedures (are these at your choice as to which ones you give - or do you have suggestions of ones that are an absolute must )
Permission forms for outings to playgroups etc ( one main one or one separate one for each group)
Contract ( fees, times, days etc )
Copy of reg. certificate, pl insurance and first aid
welcome letter explaining paperwork and what they need to do
invoice for month ahead
Child record form and emergency contacts & emergency consent
Individual needs form/ dietary requirements
Sample menu

have I missed anything, is this too much or does this sound about right?

I want to get a good balance of professional without overloading!!

Also want to make sure I am covered with respect to Ofsted and public liability etc

As it is potentially the start of my career as a childminder I want to get it right!!! :littleangel:

Thank you

Sara :)

Trouble
06-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Looks good to me

make sure you go through all contract and all medical forms i usually recheck when they have gone home its better to get it write than miss something

Good luck :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
06-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Permission for photographs, EYFS obs, assessment and discussions with other professionals, parental responsibility, safeguarding children advice, travel in transport other than yours, leaving with another person (could be in an emergency or if you have a relief childminder)

I do one letter and they sign to say that they are happy with my policies so they read them there and then. I do not give copies.

Sara T
07-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Morning ladies,

thank you so much for your quick and detailed replies, I really appreciate it.:thumbsup:

I have made some notes and finalising the pack today so if the family decide they wish to go ahead, then its just a case of sorting the days, hours and personal information and overall agreement/ signatures and making it personal to them.

Even if they decide not to choose me then at least I have the full pack ready and waiting for any future potential families.

Fingers crossed I will hear from them today

Thanks again, its brilliant to have advice from experienced professionals as I do not have any childminder friends that I can ask!

Right...back to it! busy busy busy!

Thanks

Sara :)

Sara T
07-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi!!

well after spending the majority of the day finalising all my policies and the suggested paperwork to get ready I finally heard from my new mum and

......................she starts work monday and is coming tomorrow to sort paperwork and contracts!!! :clapping:

I am so excited I can't believe all my hard work is finally going to allow me to start full time minding!!!!

I already have my friends little boy for nursery run, but no other children in the day, so I am really excited to get started!!!

Also it looks like it will be a full time place too which is also very exciting.

The little girl seems lovely and I cant wait to start looking after her!

Thanks for your help ladies and Im sure Ill be picking your brains on the forum again soon! :)

right....off to print everything!! :)

Sara

Trouble
07-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Go you :happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana:

Nappers
12-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Well done you!!!

I am trying to put together a pack now ready for when i start hopefully next month.

Sara T
15-01-2011, 01:04 PM
ooh, good luck with yours too!

It was a mound the parents had to read through and sign all permissions and then go through the contract, but on this occasion it had to be done quite quickly.

I think for any future parents I would let them take all policies home to read, permission slips to fill in and child record form etc and then let them come back to just do the contract face to face and sort payments etc

It is a lot of forms but all has to be done for Ofsted requirements and to cover yourself.

I guess once I get used to it then it will get easier!

Its all the observations, assessments, risk assessments and accounting I need to get sorted out now :-)

I have also had a couple of other enquiries for holidays and a part time enquiry. All adds to my experience and really enjoying it so far

Sara :-)

Cammie Doodle
15-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Well done . you sound as if you have it all sorted. Enjoy:D

Sara T
16-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Thank you :laughing:

my part time lady has confirmed she would like to book me too, so really looking forward to being a full full time childminder!!

very exciting!!

just sorting the triple buggy situation now as 3 under 2's need to get to their social occasions at the playgroups! :)

busy busy busy! and Im loving it! :clapping:

Sara

Nicole Norman
17-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Many congratulations!!!

Sara T
23-01-2011, 09:50 PM
hello peeps!

well 2nd lil mindee family has signed up and he starts tuesday part time, I can't wait!!

I was more confident with the paperwork and contracts this time as I was more familiar with it. It still took ages to go through though with the individual needs etc but very important to help settling in and understanding whats what!

I let this family take my policies folder to read at home and to complete the forms in their own time and then come back to do contracts and discuss the individual requirements and I found this worked better than doing it all in one go at my house as there are quite a few policies I have!

Im sure over time my admissions time will get slicker once I have more experience, but I just want to make sure I get it right and not leave myself open for any mistakes :littleangel:

just need to sort my accounts now I am actually earning some money!

:blush:

Sara