PDA

View Full Version : Social services check

Rmead
06-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I rang Ofsted about my registration today and found out that my CRB checks are at stage 4 but also one of my social services checks is still outstanding.

They said they were waiting on that last time I spoke to them too about 8 weeks ago. Is there anything I can do myself to speed that along? Not sure exactly what the social service checks are, is it for every county you've lived in? I guess I'll wait until CRB is done and then chase Ofsted about getting that last check done!

Good news is I spoke to Tribal and inspector will call tmrw or next day about inspection appointment :clapping:

Louise0208
06-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Never heard of a social services check :o

good luck with the inspection :thumbsup:

handeme
06-01-2011, 08:49 PM
The only thing that is outstanding for me to get my certificate was my social services check.

My application went to my local council in October and not been done, despite Ofsted chasing them. I phoned them to chase onl to be told they had backlogs going back months. I stressed that they are holding me up warning money so they pulled mine out and did it

Ofsted still have not received it, arrgggh will chase them again on Monday, arrrgggh.

c x

Rmead
06-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Oh no, poor you, at least it's done, hope Ofsted have received it from them now. I know to put the pressure on them if I have to phone. I'm not sure what local authority it will be because do they check every one for your previous addresses?