PDA

View Full Version : Signature etc ??? Urgh the facts pleas !

Marshmallow
06-01-2011, 06:40 PM
:blush: I'm sooo confused.
I work with the NCMA paperwork, now, they ask for signatures for the following on a weekly basis, Attendance records, Payments recieved.
The book asks you to add up the hours a day and week that you have had every Mindee.

:panic: Is this all needed, my poor parents all tell me that no other CM has asked them to do it, then I feel guilty ?

What is :rolleyes: really needed !!!

Bridey
06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Ofsted do not legally require attendance records to be signed (although you must keep them up to date) and have no right to look at your accounts! All my records are up to date but unsigned and passed Ofsted's scrutiny this time last year. If you want to get these items signed then that is up to you and it is considered good practice to do so ... which makes me feel very naughty indeed! :D

singlewiththree
06-01-2011, 06:50 PM
My parents sign nothing and ofsted were happy with that. I give them receipts for their payments and keep a diary with all the hours in but that is it.

rickysmiths
06-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't know where in the NCMA paperwork they ask for weekly signatures for payments. There is a section in the back of the accounts book for the parents to sign every month to confirm the figures you have entered are what they have paid you and yes my paerents always sign this with no bother at all. It has proved very helpful for some disputes I have had over the years reguarding payments so I would recommend you get them to sign. Even though it is not a requirement of Ofsted, it wouldn't be because they have no authority over how we conduct our financial affairs and have no right to look at them.

Yes the Register does need to record the exact time the child was in your care, it is a requirement for EYFS and Ofsted do check that you have this record. It is good practice to have it signed by the parent each week because then they are confirming the times and from a child protection point of view you are covered. It is also good because for instance if a parent is always late collecting it is recorded and signed for so when you levy charges or suggest a Contract review the parent can't really object.

I have had parents signing a register for 17 years and never had a problem. Its not my problem if other cms don't do it , thats their choice.

Marshmallow
06-01-2011, 09:16 PM
:group hug: Thank you Guys !

:laughing: I do get my parents to sign, as and where requested, just felt guilty when they tell me they have never had to do it before.I just politely explain that I'm a stickler for routine :littleangel: they laugh and sign.

;) Just wanted to see what everyone else does :rolleyes:

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
06-01-2011, 09:24 PM
You don't need to have it signed for anyone but yourself. NCMA don't require it but it would help if they had to take a parent to court