PDA

View Full Version : Variation request what are my chances?

Debster
05-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Happy new year all. I have been minding a child since he was 9 months old untill now which is 1 year. I mind him mon-tue-thur his mum has been made redundant:( but has just got another job :) however she now needs me to have mindee on a wednesday she may be able to get around this but I want to cover myself if she can't I do not have the space I have a 9mth old a 2yr old and a 12mth old on that day do you think Ofsted will allow me to continue to care for this mindee it would mean being over my early years numbers for 3.5 hours on a wednesday morning during term time only what do you think my chances are ? how long do variations take and where do I start what is the process and will they come out to inspect before a decision is made sorry for all the questions:laughing:

Chimps Childminding
05-01-2011, 01:56 PM
think the only thing you can do is apply for the variation and see how it goes :rolleyes: The fact that he is a current mindee should help, but Ofsted may have a problem with you having 4 under 2 - you will have to put in your application how you will manage feeds, sleeps etc.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Penny1959
05-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Variations are going through very quickly at the moment and you can apply online.

Ofsted will make their own decision but as Carolyn said as a current mindee they should consider it.

Give as much detail on the fom as you can

Penny :)

Debster
05-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Variations are going through very quickly at the moment and you can apply online.

Ofsted will make their own decision but as Carolyn said as a current mindee they should consider it.

Give as much detail on the fom as you can

Thanks I have looked online at Ofsted website and cannot find a link are you able to post it or tell me where to find it many thanks:thumbsup:

jmoff
05-01-2011, 05:43 PM
you need to call them, they will send you an email with a link.
I would also give it a go, I personally dont think it should be a problem. You should put on the form when you need it back ...my one took 2 weeks I think.

Good luck

Penny1959
06-01-2011, 04:18 AM
Thanks I have looked online at Ofsted website and cannot find a link are you able to post it or tell me where to find it many thanks:thumbsup:

Sorry I can't find it either - just the one for increasing numbers if using an assistant.

So as advised by jmoff give Ofsted a call

Beetlejuice
06-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I've had 4 under 2 before and Ofsted were fine about it as the variation was for an existing child. Like the others have said you need to write about your routine for the day, how you will manage naps, whether you have the necessary equipment etc to manage looking after all four at once.

I got a variation in 10 days recently and that was over the christmas period too so they did it in record time!:thumbsup: Good luck.

butterfly
06-01-2011, 11:03 AM
I've never had a variation refused so defiantely give it a go. As long as you can explain how you'll cope with going out, sleeping and eating etc it should be fine. I always include my riak assessments with my requests and was recently told i should write a seperate risk assessment for the time you will need the variation explaining any extra risks with having more children.