PDA

View Full Version : Little Explorers Childcare - Leominster, Herefordshire

levason
03-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi my name is Lisa, Im 27 and live with my husband and 2year old son in Luston, near Leominster. I am Ofsted registered and run my childminding business 'Little Explorers'.

We have a warm and friendly home environment, with a secure garden and lovely rural surroundings which is welcoming to all families. My overall aim is for children to have fun and explore new experiences through play and for parents to be safe in the knowledge that I am providing a quality childcare service.

I have a Diploma in Childcare and Education and over 10 years experience working with children and families. I have worked as Teaching Assistant & Special Needs Teaching Assistant, along with supervising both the before and after school club.
I've also worked at a larger city school,as a Learning Mentor working with children to overcome barriers to learning, from this post I gained experience and became a Family Support Worker working at a local Children’s Centre.
On return to work after my maternity leave I decided to look for something part time to have more time with my son so I began working as a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant, this is my most recent post to date.

Please contact me via the forum to enquire about availability,fee's or if you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit.

mama2three
04-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the forum , from another band of little explorers! x

levason
06-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Welcome to the forum , from another band of little explorers! x

Thank you!! Nice to know of another 'little explorers' xx

levason
20-01-2011, 10:50 PM
hey Lisa, i wish you success in that 'Little Explorers' project. :thumbsup: my 2 year toddler is in one childcare in eastbourne (http://www.littlechelseanursery/) , although i did research before selecting that option, but may i ask you how your option is good enough for me as compared to this option (one of my friend is in Leominster, Herefordshire, she has a cute 6 month baby, she is asking the same question to you, she is in search of a very good childcare center), i mean we know that our child needs a individual environments and settings. i mean, there may be some kids who don't like collective environments, so have you planned some stuff for those "isolated souls"??? any advice is all helpful!

Hi Tom

Thank you for your reply, I think there are so many good childcare options out there at the moment and as a parent the best thing is to visit a selection of childminders and nurseries to see which feels right for you and which you feel will meet the needs of your child. As a childminder I feel I can offer personal one to one care in a friendly home environment and plan activities around the child's interests which I feel engages the child as it is something that is of interest to them and allows us to explore and discover so many new things. I also provide the chance to meet other children in larger groups by visiting local children centres and toddler groups. Hope this helps but feel free to get in touch again.

Lisa