PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever get there ?

Lorraine B
03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
:( I am feeling very fed up and am sure im doing something wrong or advertising wrong as I still have no children :(

Any ideas anyone please, maybe my website is saying something wrong i do not know anymore.
I have had my certificate for nearly 2 months and all is quiet out there.
Is there anyone from Plymouth on here who could help ?

Anyway Happy New Year everyone and im sure I will get something soon fingers crossed :)

Lorraine xxxx

Daftbat
03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I know it can be disheartening but its normal in the childminding world for us to get no enquiries for ages then they come along like buses - 4 at a time!

in the meantime try to ensure that you are on the FIS website properly and make yourself known at school, toddler groups etc. - they won't mind you popping in to most toddler groups for a coffe etc - do you know someone who goes anyway?

Try some postcards in the local shops windows - most don't even charge for this.

Use the time to prepare your paperwork, policies, etc.

Hope all goes well - I am sure that you will be busy soon:thumbsup:

Lorraine B
03-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Thankyou for replying :)
I have already advertised on my local FIS, everyone at school knows who I am and what I am doing .
I have my cards ready to get in shops this week and all of my paperwork is ready :)

I need to get to the local toddler groups but as I am working full time till I get some children this is my hardest part but I will speak to people I know that go and see if they will help .

Thankyou xxxx

catswhiskers
03-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi Lorraine - sound like you're doing all the right things - are you also advertising on netmums and mumsnet? They are good sites to fill vacancies.

Also, I've just had some vistaprint cards done and although I've no vacancies at the moment, thought they might be handy in the future. I had them done mainly because I got fed up having to write my name and number down for people i met in the park, toddler groups etc.

I had 250 done and it cost just over £6 and this would be enough to go round one evening and pop into people's letterboxes in your area.

One word of warning though - I didn't have my address printed as think it's a bit dodgy.

Lorraine B
03-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I have advertised on netmums devon and I have made a start on vistaprint I just need to make the order :)

I will put some cards up in windows this week then just wait and see what happens xxx

TinyTinker
04-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I posted something similar before Xmas! An like someone said they come along like buses 4 at a time! literally. I had heard nothing despite having a website, leaflet drops, toddler groups, childcare.co.uk etc.....then just before Xmas I signed up 4 mindees! so gave my notice in at work and I have 3 weeks til they all start!

I was kinda lucky though cos 3 of them came from a nursery nearby that just stopped doing school drop offs and and had given the families 4 weeks notice to find alternative care!

It will happen, just carry on doing what you are doing and check childcare.co.uk for parents in need of childcare in your area and answer any posts that you think you can help with. That's how I got my 1st one;)