PDA

View Full Version : really about to loose my temper

Hebs
03-01-2011, 02:37 PM
and through this :censored: bluray dvd layer through a window

it wont work :crying: well it is working but there is something wrong with the sound

when i play a bluray dvd we can seen the picture fine, and hear the soundtrack/background music but we cant hear the actors :huh:

anyone any ideas????? :(

Mouse
03-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Where did you get it from, or who is it made by?

Have they got a helpline you could phone, or is there any help online?

I hope you get it sorted - I hate it when I buy things and they don't work straight away.

Hebs
03-01-2011, 02:45 PM
its a toshiba, i have tried ringing the helpline, had to go though a million different "options" to be told they are shut (yeah after charging me more for the pleasure :angry: )

i got it for christmas along with all the new HDMI leads for it, my mum gave me reciept its from comet x

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2011, 02:54 PM
If you have pics and no sound it sounds like a lead isn't connected properly. Have you tried a different extension on the tv or is anther device on causing a conflict?

The Juggler
03-01-2011, 06:33 PM
If you have pics and no sound it sounds like a lead isn't connected properly. Have you tried a different extension on the tv or is anther device on causing a conflict?

I agree, usually when we have no picture/sound on ours it's one of the leads that are loose, just give em all a good shove back in and make sure they're in the right holes:D

LOOPYLISA
03-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Are you on hdmi or a scart cable ?

Hebs
03-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I agree, usually when we have no picture/sound on ours it's one of the leads that are loose, just give em all a good shove back in and make sure they're in the right holes:D

yeah thats what i thought but it's just 1 lead and it is in properly :panic:

i have even took the HDMI lead from my sky box and tried that :panic:
its not that we dont have ANY sound cos we do, the background sound/music is crystal clear.... it's just the sound of the actors :huh:

Hebs
03-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Are you on hdmi or a scart cable ?

HDMI :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
03-01-2011, 07:27 PM
HDMI :thumbsup:

Have you got surround sound ? only on some systems you can set it up like that , you may have to go to menu ???

Hebs
03-01-2011, 07:29 PM
nope not got surround sound (hate it) and have tried all the menu options :panic:

LOOPYLISA
03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
nope not got surround sound (hate it) and have tried all the menu options :panic:

Hubs not sure then..... sorry :thumbsup:

Minstrel
06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Did you get this resolved?

You don't have a toshiba TV as well do you?

We have this problem with our TV and SKY+HD box. The background/sound is fine but the voices occasionally go all funny until we switch it off and all back on again.