PDA

View Full Version : New year new start on the paperwork

Beetlejuice
02-01-2011, 11:24 PM
I've been looking through all my policies etc and I've decided to give them all a big overhaul. Doing to NVQ has made me question and reflect on my practices and I think I can make improvements for the better. Just hope I manage to get it all done before 2012 lol as it could take me forever!

Anyone else having a spring clean of their paperwork? It's very therapeutic and I'm looking forward to giving the new spruced up policies to some of my parents :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2011, 11:33 PM
It took me hours to write them and I don't want to even think about doing them again so good luck to you!

The 2 reasons I don't want to do them is because DH has started with me and loads of other paperwork to get into place and as he will be doing the new level 3 qualification I thought he could do them - lol :laughing:

Secondly getting parents to read them the first time didn't happen, they all just signed..

manjay
03-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I have updated lots of mine since studying. I am a very different practitioner now than I was when I started so it makes sense that my policies and procedures are changed to reflect that.

PixiePetal
03-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I read through mine before I get a new parent visit - to make sure they still stand true :thumbsup: I tweak any needed and give them to current parents and have new set for new parents to see.

I am happy with most things as they are now but sometimes wording needs to be changed :)

I mostly seem to simplify them :o

CAZMCA
03-01-2011, 10:28 AM
i'm doing a complete revamp, have purchased some of sarahs ebooks which seem to make it much clearer. I am due to start my level 3 soon to so no doubt will change them again! :laughing:

Beetlejuice
03-01-2011, 10:57 AM
One of the reasons I'm amending some policies (especially my sickness policy!) is that I'm finding people are not paying attention to them. I have taken a much firmer stance in the last month or so over sickness and I want to reinforce it in writing. They may not read it but I'm determined to spell it out in simple terms that I WILL NOT HAVE SICK CHILDREN IN MY SETTING!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I've also got two new children starting this week so wanted the policies all up to date to give them to Mum. I fear I may regret it as it's going to be very time consuming but that's the nature of this job lol!

Bear23
03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I redone all mine in September :thumbsup: , well most of them.

I need to crack on with LJ's