PDA

View Full Version : Own Contract help please

Memina
02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Hello all,

I was thinking about writing my own contracts, until now I have used the NCMA ones but have now run out and thought this would be a good as time as any to do my own.

I was hoping someone could show me thiers? I am really not that good on the pc and have no idea where to start other than copying the old NCMA ones. Also some pointers on what I should include to make it binding would be really helpful.

With thanks

Mem

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2011, 10:42 PM
If you use NCMA as a basis don't use it word for word because of copyright

I also use NCMA as I know they are water tight if I went to court

Penny1959
03-01-2011, 04:45 AM
I use my own - but do not share as not water tight and I would not like someone else to have difficulties if based their contract on mine.

My daughter is a solicitor and has told me that mine would be ok in the small claims court but not any further - but that is good enough for me.

Personally as my parents pay in advance I do not worry to much about notice periods in contracts as no intention of any parent building up a huge debt with me.

As I am a diabetic - stress can make me very ill - and so I avoid stress such as contract issues and prefer not to take people to court.

Worse case senario for me would be if they gave notice just before payment day and then didn't pay notice money - but as would not look after child - would not have worked for nothing or run up expenses.

I have just had one who I gave notice to ( they broke terms of contract) and as was 2 weeks to pay day - I got those 2 weeks (already paid) as notice money and know I won't get the rest but not worried about that - a blow for my finances - but not end of world.

I suppose what I am trying to say is - if you need a water tight contract - stick to the NCMA or MM (or get professional input) and only write your own if you are not too worried if get notice money or not.

Penny :)

sarah707
03-01-2011, 10:50 AM
I suppose what I am trying to say is - if you need a water tight contract - stick to the NCMA or MM (or get professional input) and only write your own if you are not too worried if get notice money or not.

Penny :)

Excellent advice :D

Memina
03-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks again for the advice.

I guess my issue is that the contract doesnt really allow for execptional circumstances like my shift workers.

do you think it would be worth using the ncma contracts with some add ons? like an additional note to say for example term tIme days and hours and holidaay times?

Daftbat
03-01-2011, 12:41 PM

I guess my issue is that the contract doesnt really allow for execptional circumstances like my shift workers.

do you think it would be worth using the ncma contracts with some add ons? like an additional note to say for example term tIme days and hours and holidaay times?

You can add all sorts of things to the main NCMA contract - so long as it is properly signed to show agreement of terms its fine

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2011, 12:44 PM

This is what I do and if there isn't enough space I put "See Appendix 1" in the additional info box and then do a separate sheet with Appendix 1 on it and the details and then all partiies sign

guest3
05-01-2011, 09:10 AM
As I understand it, if you are with NCMA you have to use their contracts anyway. You can write your own if you use Morton Michel though!!

mrs robbie williams
05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Im with MM and have written my own contract, ofsted checked it over and were fine with it, i just change bits of it to suit each set of parents :)

Memina
05-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks again,

Helen where did you get your wording for your contracts? did you have to get someone to look at them or are they in plain english?

I'm not planning on renewing my membership with the MCMA so thats why I was thinking about writing my own. - Still as confused as I was last week eeek

W