PDA

View Full Version : Costs

SonnysMummy
31-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi:)

Well long story....was registered as a childminder in 2008 but had to give up due to not getting mindees quick enough for us to manage financially and there was a death in the family which made it really difficult to run a business with children from home:(
Anyway, i am thinking about starting again....i gave up my registration though stupidly so i'm thinking i'll have to go through it all again???? If so, do you think i'll have to do the ICP course and exam again? I passed it summer 2008.

Only thing i'm worrying about are the start up costs again....
Could you inform me of what they are exactly again?....
Registration fee?
Insurance?
Medical form?
First aid?
CRB?
ICP course was free last time....do you think i may have to pay for it if i did it again and if so how much is it?
I have loads of toys still as i have a 3 year old boy and a 7 month old girl. Don't think i'd need much there....maybe just afew multi-cultural things....

If it costs too much i doubt i'll be able to go through with it....this time i'll make sure i get a part time job in the meantime while it's all going through and until i have a mindee that provides enough of an income as i really struggled last time due to it taking so long and had to give up because i couldn't get enough mindees quick enough:(

Kelly x

~Grasshopper~
31-12-2010, 04:51 PM
hi

Every area is different. you should go to your local briefing session and they will tell you what the costs will be.

in my area (north west)

Free ICP and no exam
first aid was £111
docs health dec £35
£41 public liability ins
£35 i think application fee to ofsted
crb was free from ofsted

thats it i think xxx

funemnx
31-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Some one will correct me if I'm wrong but if you have to start all over again, the costs are mostly covered for you.

My neice has just completed her free ICP course, which included a free 1st Aid course and I think the insurance is free for the 1st year with NCMA but not sure about that. I'm with MM and the price for 1 year is very reasonable compared to NCMA in any case. She hasn't had to pay for anything so far, even her medical form was paid for.

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you, Happy New Year! :) x

flowerpots
31-12-2010, 05:42 PM
i think it largely depends on where you are, im in the midlands and absolutely everything was free for me. contact your local family information service and they will let you know. :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
31-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Like others have said it depends where you live. There are no freebies or grants in my area so I had to find the money myself.

It's worth asking if you have to do the whole lot again though, I know the course I did lasts 3 years- so as I completed mine in Dec 09 I could technically not register until Dec 12 if I wanted. First aid qualifications last 3 years so you wont need to re-do that just yet either. You would obviously still need to go through the registration process and sort out your insurance, but that comes to just under £100 unless fees have increased, plus whatever your GP charges for the health declaration which varies greatly- mine was £15 I think.

Blackcat
31-12-2010, 07:59 PM
i am in the north west too

Free pre reg course (until and no exam
first aid is free at the end of the pre reg course
mid 2011
doctors med form free
public liability ins (£20 + ncma)
£35 ofsted FEE
crb was free from ofsted

TinyTinker
01-01-2011, 04:39 PM
In my area

Registration fee? £30
Insurance? £41
Medical form? £35
First aid? £free
CRB? £free
ICP £free
Safeguarding training £free

Rmead
01-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Definitely varies. I did my pre-reg course free in Kent and then got first aid discounted to £40 with them. My Drs health declaration was also free - that is totally up to the surgery I think.
Reg fee and crb is same as everyone said.

karensmart4
01-01-2011, 09:25 PM
It wont be needed straight away but don't forget your £35 Ofsted reg fee, ensuring your car is covered to carry other peoples children and informing your household insurance about what you are doing :)

And good luck with your new career :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
02-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Some one will correct me if I'm wrong but if you have to start all over again, the costs are mostly covered for you.

My neice has just completed her free ICP course, which included a free 1st Aid course and I think the insurance is free for the 1st year with NCMA but not sure about that. I'm with MM and the price for 1 year is very reasonable compared to NCMA in any case. She hasn't had to pay for anything so far, even her medical form was paid for.

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you, Happy New Year! :) x

Sorry but that is a little misleading. NCMA Pub Lib Insurance is cheaper than MM. However you have to pay to be a member of NCMA in order to get access to the cheaper Insurance. What you have done, sorry, is compare Apples with Pears!