PDA

View Full Version : What songs really inspire you???

maisiemog
31-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Have decided to put together a playlist of really motivational/inspirational songs as I am definately in need of both. Only problem is my list is 4 songs long at the moment...

So what sonmgs would you have to have on your playlist???

Pauline
31-12-2010, 06:21 PM
oooh that is an interesting question, I will have to go and have a think! :)

Pauline
31-12-2010, 06:24 PM
ok here's one. You're My World - Cilla Black. (You might be too young to know it! :laughing:)

There is a line in it "With your hand resting in mine, I feel a power so divine"

I makes me remember that with Graham's hand resting in mine I can do ANYTHING! Even the things that scare me. (and I have) :thumbsup:

sarah707
31-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I've had a think... here are mine :D

The one from working girl - let the river run

Michael Ball - the impossible dream

Bette Middler - Wind beneath my wings

Queen - we are the champions

Bon Jove - Hallelujah

Enjoy xx

Hebs
31-12-2010, 06:49 PM
mine are........

Family Portrait by Pink........ i kicked my ex out after listening to this song cos the words could have been written for me :blush:

Never Alone by Lady Antebellum..... cos of the phrase.. Let the Angels protect, trouble neglect you, and heaven accept you when it's time to go home

Arms of the Angels by Sarah Mclachlan... reminds me to take care of those i love

:D :D

sweets
31-12-2010, 06:59 PM
ive had a good think but can only think of 3 at the moment-

i know tis cheesy but 'angels' by robbie williams

and the second is 'dont worry be happy'

the third is you raise me up by westlife (cheesy too i know) :rolleyes: its actualy the only one of their songs i like.

Mouse
31-12-2010, 07:03 PM
DH thinks I'm strange because my inspirational/pick me up songs are all a bit grim!

I'll put you together again - Hot Chocolate
Desperado - Eagles
Don't give up - Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush
Everybody Hurts - REM

SYLVIA
31-12-2010, 07:36 PM
I like

I will survive (used to sing it to myself whilst going thro my divorce)
I believe I can fly R. Kelly
Something inside so strong Labi Siffrin (not sure bout spelling)

flowerpots
31-12-2010, 07:46 PM
mines cyndi lauper girls just wanna have fun :eek:

FussyElmo
31-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Mine are

It ends tonight - All American Rejects
This womans work - Kate Bush
Tonight - FM Static
White Flag - Dido

Trouble
31-12-2010, 08:28 PM
ok here's one. You're My World - Cilla Black. (You might be too young to know it! :laughing:)

There is a line in it "With your hand resting in mine, I feel a power so divine"

I makes me remember that with Graham's hand resting in mine I can do ANYTHING! Even the things that scare me. (and I have) :thumbsup:

oh bless thats lovely :)

Trouble
31-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Mine are Changes by Black Sabboth

Bittersweet Symphony by the verve love it

The first time i saw your face by ?????

Only the one By Graham Stokes our song but no where to be found, i have 1 copy makes me cry

wonderful life by The hurts

Just another day Jon secada

i have to many to list sometimes its the music sometimes its the memories and sometimes its the words but all of these songs have made me cry one time or another for different reasons:blush:

snufflepuff
31-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Young at heart by the bluebells!

Pauline
31-12-2010, 09:19 PM
The first time i saw your face by ?????

i have to many to list sometimes its the music sometimes its the memories and sometimes its the words but all of these songs have made me cry one time or another for different reasons:blush:

Yes I know what you mean, they all have different meanings at different times.

First time ever I saw your face is a great choice, I love it. Originally by Roberta Flack later by Celine Dion, George Michael and even XFactor Matt Cardle :)

Marshmallow
31-12-2010, 10:25 PM

Aww, Pauline you are a real person, we forget sometimes :blush:

LOOPYLISA
31-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Mine are

It ends tonight - All American Rejects
This womans work - Kate Bush
Tonight - FM Static
White Flag - Dido

Love womens work :thumbsup:

mushpea
31-12-2010, 10:34 PM
not sure of the proper title but its the reggae song 'dont worry, be happy'
and 'I wont let the sun go down on my'
one that really gets me upset tho is 'stay another day' by east 17 as this is the song that played the moment my first love dumped me and even now,, 16yrs later it still hurts when that song plays yet I am and have been in a happy relation ship with 2 children for the past 15yrs!

Trouble
31-12-2010, 11:05 PM
My hubby was listerning to me before when i wrote about which songs i like and hes found our song on you tube how sweet is he :D

maisiemog
01-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Thanks for all the replies, some brilliant songs on there!!!

My list is now a bit longer and includes these~

Christina Aguilera - Fighter
Snow Patrol - You could be happy (Me and my DH nearly split up but listening to this song scared me into fighting for my marriage a few years ago so its the reason we're still together!!!)
Go the Distance from the disney version of Hercules
Wind beneath my wings - Bette Midler (but this one makes me cry cos it was played at my mums funeral so have avoided it for a while!)
Seasons of Love - from the musical Rent
I dreamed a dream - only have the susan boyle version of it so using that one!

Been trawling through Youtube listening to songs for a few days. I think my DH thinks I'm going bonkers cos I've cried whilst doing it and it's brought back so many memories with it!

Tatia
01-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Defying Gravity from Wicked!!!!! (I'm through accepting limits because someone said they're so! Some things I cannot change but til I try, I'll never know!!)

The River by Garth Brooks (so don't just sit upon the shoreline and say you're satisfied. Choose to race the rapids and dare to dance the tide)