PDA

View Full Version : A boring accounts question!

buzzy bee
30-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Just wondering what you do about water / electric bills etc when you're on holiday - do you still put them down in your accounts for that week?

and similarly if some children are off and as a result you work less hours that week (e.g. no school pickups in school hols), do you adjust accordingly?

mufftie
30-12-2010, 11:13 PM
i do i average it out over the year after all overheads have to be paid even when your not there

pinkbutterfly
31-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Don't forget that working hours are not only those when we look after children but also when we do paperwork, research etc. I am off this week (not on holiday as such because I am available to work but parents chose not to bring the children) and I have spent hours updating the paperwork and also did an online training so I will be deducting my bills for this week. Hope that helps. xx

Penny1959
31-12-2010, 03:05 AM
I deduct all year - as an average - I work far more than 40 hours when working (especially considering all the paperwork hours) so I think that over the year I do work at least 2080 hours (52 x 40 hours) and so feel I should claim the full amount.

As already said by Mufftie bills have to be paid all year and you can not ask them to turn things off if you are on holiday. Things like your freezer have to remain on if away on holiday and in cold weather heating has to be left on low to prevent pipes from freezing.

Penny :)

sweets
31-12-2010, 09:37 AM
i put it through monthly, i worked out the years payments and divided it by 12. i work around 40 hours a week, sometimes a little less and sometimes a little more but it averages out.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I leave mine until the end of the year and then add up my DD and divide by 12. I work 40+ a week

rickysmiths
02-01-2011, 01:43 PM
I leave mine until the end of the year and then add up my DD and divide by 12. I work 40+ a week

This is what I do.