PDA

View Full Version : Please help

newbie1512
30-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi there,

Im currently in the process of registering but I am really worried about what the Ofstead visit will entail. I am planning on just using my dining room as the main setting and my rather large garden, is this ok??

Also does anybody have any tips on what I need to have in place for the visit??

I would appreciate any help and tips very much, I just want to get started but would like there to be no issues

Thanks in advance

~Grasshopper~
30-12-2010, 07:08 PM
hiya.

I just had my pre reg inspection last week :). it was good just a nice informal chat. my house is small only a 2 bed semi and small garden and she regisitered me for full numbers and the whole house.

she just asked me a few questions. what are the 6 themes of the eyfs, do i have diverse toys, healthy eating, outdoor play, saftey ect then we walked round my house and i told her what i had done ie: socket covers, window locks, stair gates.

i had done all my paperwork and policies but she didnt look at anything and she was really just informing me of everything i need to do.

best of luck xxx

venus89
30-12-2010, 07:34 PM
It was a while ago now but it wasn't bad at all - she's not trying to catch you out, just make sure everything's okay and you're ready to go. I was worried she'd have issues with my bannisters but they were fine and it was very relaxed. Like suz I have a small house and I have a tiny garden and got the numbers I was after. Just look at your house critically. Also, my children and I crawled around on the floor beforehand to look at things from a small child's perspective!

jane5
30-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Same advice as the others really.

I have just been registered and the lady was really helpful.

I would consider registering more rooms in your house though because you may use them occasionally and if they are not registered and there was accident, you would not be insured.

I dont let lo's in my kitchen and I have safety gates on the doors but I have registered it just in case. If a room is registered you do not have to use it.

Dont worry about the inspection, as long as you have read all your booklet and prepared you will be fine :thumbsup:

Blackcat
31-12-2010, 08:02 PM
hiya.

I just had my pre reg inspection last week :). it was good just a nice informal chat. my house is small only a 2 bed semi and small garden and she regisitered me for full numbers and the whole house.

she just asked me a few questions. what are the 6 themes of the eyfs, do i have diverse toys, healthy eating, outdoor play, saftey ect then we walked round my house and i told her what i had done ie: socket covers, window locks, stair gates.

i had done all my paperwork and policies but she didnt look at anything and she was really just informing me of everything i need to do.

best of luck xxx

suz - you live in the north west and your house sounds a similar size to mine, can I ask what numbers you got (for children please)

newbie1512
01-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks very much for your replies. I think I am just anxious about pretty much everything lol. I want to do this to the highest standard I can but dont want to oversee anything either.

I have taken note of the tips, thanks once again:)