PDA

View Full Version : i'm in England but my sister is in Scotland

Donkey
29-12-2010, 08:04 PM
what should a Scottish minder be doing paperwork wise...

when I speak to my sister she doesn't half of what I get...
aside from her 17 month old been fed liver and haggis.... which she wasn't too bothered about as its good to accept other cultures... but I balked at the thought of haggis! not my cup of tea, ill stick with me neeps and tatties for Burns night lol

anyway, she doesn't have any kind of learning journal or any kind of daily diary but when my sister looked into this minder she had the best rating?!?!?

little chickee
29-12-2010, 08:53 PM
In Scotland we dont do all the early years stuff. No learning journals etc. We can do a daily diary but that is up to the individual cm. I used to do diaries but have now stopped as i found that the info i was putting in like nappy changes, food eaten, sleep times etc i was telling the parent about at collection time anyway.

I just do an attendance register and thats it really for day to day cm.

If your sister would like a daily diary or some other form of written info she should ask the cm to provide it. If i had a parent who particularily wanted a daily diary i would provide it.

Donkey
31-12-2010, 02:33 PM
wow, I guess that it really is different for Scottish and English cm's

I'm moving to Scotland lol

sarah707
31-12-2010, 03:52 PM
There is a new Scottish curriculum but it's not for childminders yet.

I imagine it will encompass them at some point in the future... but for now it's certainly very different up there :D

Alibali
01-01-2011, 03:27 PM
One of the big aspects up here is partnership with parents, and to achieve high grades we have to be able to prove how well we do this, however it is up to the individual childminder how she/he does it.

All my pre-5s have daily diaries, observation diaries and portfolios of milestones/progress/photos and art work etc. I also produce monthly newsletters and my notice board etc, as well as all the verbal communication and e-mails/texts etc. I wonder if your sister receives her info in some of these other ways?

karen m
02-01-2011, 09:00 PM
gosh this is differant ,i am moving to scotland in feb/march an will re-register as a cm,hoping it does not to long to sort out some one said approx 10 months then then the wait for parent to come to me being an outsider

arly
03-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Im a scottish CM and it only took 3 month from start to finish to complete registration and that was a big hold up with one of my references aswell. :clapping:

Ive got 2 mindees that came along about a month after I registered so quite happy as also work as a carer at the moment aswell.

I give parents option of daily diaries, i have a scrap book for milestones/photos and art work as my CCO said id need something to prove I am doing things with the children. Im also just doing a wee folder with different idea for themed celebrations we do like burns night, chinese new yr etc but thats for my own benefit as Im quite an organised person and like to plan ahead so this gives me something to base activities on but most of things I do is child led as i have an 11mth and 2 year old so young still.

karen m
05-01-2011, 07:26 AM
3 months sounds great,can't wait to start

Curly Quavers
05-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I can honestly say that if I were in England I would not be CMing :)

little chickee
05-01-2011, 12:38 PM
I can honestly say that if I were in England I would not be CMing :)

I'm the same - i find it hard keeping up with the little paperwork that i have to do - i've heard that Scotland are starting to go more in line with the system in England and this had already been started in some areas Aberdeen being one and it terrifies me - i don't think i will manage.

alwaysright
29-03-2011, 06:02 AM
i want to move to scotland!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dundas
29-06-2011, 08:37 PM
In Scotland we dont do all the early years stuff. No learning journals etc. We can do a daily diary but that is up to the individual cm. I used to do diaries but have now stopped as i found that the info i was putting in like nappy changes, food eaten, sleep times etc i was telling the parent about at collection time anyway.

I just do an attendance register and thats it really for day to day cm.

If your sister would like a daily diary or some other form of written info she should ask the cm to provide it. If i had a parent who particularily wanted a daily diary i would provide it.

hi it depends in what area you are in as we have to do a diary and also care plans which is their development etc

Cammie Doodle
29-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Where are you ?