PDA

View Full Version : Overnight care

jake
29-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Im thinking of offering overnight care,can anyone tell me how i go about this?Do the mindees have to have their own room?As much information as possible would be a great help. thanks jake:)

the happy house
29-12-2010, 11:56 AM
This is something I'm thinking of doing too... but haven't looked into it fully yet. Best to give Ofsted a call and get their advice.

sarah707
29-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I would suggest you contact Ofsted and ask for more advice. :D

Carol M
29-12-2010, 04:54 PM
I was registered for overnight ages ago, before the current variation forms were used but I think you go this way. Ask OFSTED for the variation for overnight and then fill in form.
You will have to go into detail as to how you will do things like RA the place the children sleep, and I don't think they have to have their own bedrooms. Mine sleep downstairs, as long as you cover every safety point eg exits, security,keys,bed, bedding, monitors,heating, electrical equipment,alarms,CO2 detector, access to other parts of house,toileting, drinks and how you would deal with any childs distress in the night.
I also had a visit from the Fire Officer which was very helpful.
Good luck
Carol xx

pinkbutterfly
31-12-2010, 12:36 AM
No mindees don't have to have their own bedroom but if they do share with your own child there are some age restrictions. I think they can share up to 7. They have to have their own bed. Just ring Ofsted and ask for overnight care form. You will most probably have another visit from Ofsted so that they can check the sleeping arrangements.

jaswinder bedi
31-12-2010, 01:06 AM
hi Jake, Yes to your question because if you would mind overnight care for a child you would definately need spare room for a cot or a bed depending on the age of the child and also need to be registered for over night care. Hope this info is useful. jas x