PDA

View Full Version : where to start??

Libby08
28-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I have had my visit and paperwork all done. I finaly recieved OH crb in the post last week which i was told was the last thing. Ofsted said i would have my certificate within 5 days of them recieving the final crb. i am hoping it will arrive within a few days as need to start working ASAP. i have a few possible parents lined up but as the whole process has taken so long think i may have lost them as they needed asap starters but asked me to let them know when i get my cert just incase.
once i recieve my certificate what do i do first? where is thebest place to advertise and where do you find you get most of your work! also do i sort things like informing the tax office and my national insurance stuff once i find work or as soon as im registered! I asume i sort my insurance once i find my first child? I just dont want to forget to do some thing important so any tips and help on where i start would be great!! thanks in advance.

Mrs Pootle
28-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi, once you certificate comes through I would contact the parents you already had lined up and see if they still need you. If they do, you will then need to sort out your insurance, I know NCMA will set it up over the phone for you so it's done straight away if you need it in a hurry.
As far as advertising goes, I have found word of mouth to be the best :) . Get yourself known in the school playground and at playgroups. Also get to know other childminders in your area as they may pass on your number to parents if they don't have a vacancy.
I think you need to let the tax office know within 3 months of starting work. You could always give them a ring and see what they say. :)

Libby08
01-01-2011, 01:09 PM
I have recieved my certificate, emailed the parents and put a few ads up so keeping my fingers crossed. where are good places to advertise my vacancies?

Flisspaps
02-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Childcare.co.uk and netmums have been recommended a few times, I think there's a section on this forum as well :)

Flisspaps
02-01-2011, 10:15 PM
And don't forget there's also your local school/nursery and the council's Family Information Service too.