PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make new years resolutions???

Beetlejuice
26-12-2010, 07:39 PM
And if so, what's yours for 2011?? I don't usually bother but I've spent most of 2010 drowning on dry land and need to get my act together. Mine are:

- to lose weight. I had lost 2.5 stone between Nov 2008 and July 2009 an sadly have put all bar 2lbs back on :( My BIL gets married in September so that is my motivation

- to watch my pennies :blush: I am terrible at spending money like water and we really need to reign it in if we want a holiday next year. So I'm planning to budget better and really think about whether I need something before I buy it. The weightloss should help with this as I have a whole wardrobe of clothes which are too small so if I lose weight I won't have to buy any more clothes lol

- to get my paperwork in order! :blush: I feel terribly unorganised and I would like 2011 to be the year I get things in order, don't lose any important paperwork and have everything up to date! I can dream lol

- to finish my NVQ! It's with my tutor atm and I'm praying she will give it back soon with a little feedback -the deadline for finishing it is mid-march so I'd like to finish it very soon

Anyone else like to share???? Wonder how many will be broken by 2 January lol!!!:laughing:

Hebs
26-12-2010, 07:49 PM
mine is to loose weight along with my oldest dog who has started to snore like a trooper as he's put weight on :panic:

want to loose 2 and a half stone by this time next year :panic:

glitzygal
26-12-2010, 07:53 PM
MINE;

loose weight,
spend wisely
have a holiday
get a good in insepction,
get paper work up together

hope i can do them,,:D

SYLVIA
26-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Il be bak on Wii sports active and I'm hoping to lose a stone by April when my daughter gets married.

To get my finances in order although that could be a problem if I don't get more mindees in.

And to be more motivated with the mindees as `i have had quite a lazy year with them and I feel a bit quilty!

miss mopple
26-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't normally but this year I have a few:

Lose weight as I have put some back on too (wanna be diet buddies hun?)

Keep up to date with my accounts

Make more time for ME and do the things I enjoy

Make more time for my family and create more precious memories :D

loocyloo
26-12-2010, 08:40 PM
i don't usually make any, but a few years ago i vowed to get in touch with, and meet up with old friends! managed it with one couple ( but 12 months later they divorced :( she went totally off the rails ( her decision ) and he has retreated into his shell and no one can get through to him. sadly they llive a fair distance away, so we can't just 'pop' in or anything.

i tried to catch up with a couple of other old friends, but never got anywhere!

i will try again this year!

but my resolution is to revolutionise my paperwork ( as, children are leaving me due to move ( not that i know when that is yet, as not sold house :rolleyes: ) but i will have free time in the day, and i can get on top of it all, so that once moved and i'm starting up all over again, the paperwork is ready to go !:D

and again, once we have moved and settled, i want to do my foundation degree ( its been hold for 18mths, due to my fathers illness ( and death ) and then this prospective move! ) I WILL start it!