PDA

View Full Version : Home-made Christmas crackers

Tatia
26-12-2010, 04:18 PM
We made our own crackers tis year with kits from The Works. Everyone, including adults, got to decorate their own on Christmas Eve but then Tony and I put them together with small gifts especially chosen for each person (like earrings, bracelets, leather key rings, necklaces, that sort of thing). It was really wonderful. I think we'll do this each year.

I have broadly hinted to both our sons that it would be a wonderful way to propose to someone, with an engagement ring inside. :laughing:

beccas
26-12-2010, 04:22 PM
i made crackers for everyone this year to with small gifts and my mum bought crackers opened them and put cash in them for all of us kids ~(not grankids):clapping:

Annie_T
26-12-2010, 06:45 PM
i thought about doing this but never have. my fella's nan always pops something inside ones she already brought lol x

mama2three
27-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I open one end of the cracker and add a personal gift too , it was made more difficult this year as dh bought the crackers and they were smaller than usual!

Chimps Childminding
27-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I open one end of the cracker and add a personal gift too , it was made more difficult this year as dh bought the crackers and they were smaller than usual!

I do that too!! At our Christmas party I took out the naff plastic toys in the childrens crackers and replaced them with a small choc santa and a little gift that was more appropriate to the age of the child - they took the crackers home with them :thumbsup:

venus89
27-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I did this year too, for the first time. I bought ones for the adults but got stuck when it came to the children because my three are 11, 10 and 8 but my nephew is just 2 - his birthday was on the 20th. So there were no crackers which were suitable for them all. So I put a couple of little happyland figures in his because he got a happyland set from us for Christmas, the girls got those shaoed rubber band things and ds got a lego minifigure. And they were all chuffed :D Definitely think we'll be doing that again.

caz3007
27-12-2010, 05:53 PM
We have used the kits for the last couple of years. This year, I popped a lottery scratchcard into hubbies, as struggled with his, last year he got a Lambretta keyring. DS is 8 and he had a couple of small wooden toys that we bought on holiday and I got a phone sock. Last year I got jewellry (not expensive stuff unfortunately) :laughing: We like doing it this way so everyone doesnt end up with rubbish