PDA

View Full Version : flight to america will they or wont they

mufftie
24-12-2010, 06:24 AM
just put my son on his plane
i hoping he goes this time , his girlfriend is american and was supposed to go home for christmas last saturday , but after sittting on the plane at heathrow for 6 hours she was told to get off it then took 18 hours to get back to me in brum
anyway they decided to go together ( son was due to join her boxing day )this morning and ive just dropped them off at birmingham airport , im just taking bets with myself as to whether i get the phonecall to say they cant fly as yesterday the only flight that was cancelled from brum was the flight to dublin which is there connecting flight today .
imagine how grumpy they will be if they dont go and after having 5 adults and 4 children living under my roof i need a peaceful christmas lol

so please lots of lucky vibes my way

christine e
24-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Fingers crossed for you. My neice can't finish work until 9pm tonight (doctor) and her train was due to leave at 22.15 but it has been cancelled, her partner was killed in a RTA in October so we really need her to get to my sisters but not sure how we can sort this one out

Cx

mufftie
24-12-2010, 09:55 AM
its a nightmare isnt it , just heard that my son has finally boarded the plane which was due to leave over 2 hours ago !

christine e
24-12-2010, 10:51 AM
its a nightmare isnt it , just heard that my son has finally boarded the plane which was due to leave over 2 hours ago !

Well at least that sounds promising. My BIL is now going to drive to London after he finishes work at 6pm and pick up neice then drive back, hopefully they will be home before midnight! We are driving down to Norfolk to be with them on boxing day so really looking forward to that.

Enjoy your Christmas

Cx

Carol M
24-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Hope they are on their way now.
Carol xx

sarah707
24-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I hope they got off ok! :D