PDA

View Full Version : When do I start it?

Lems
21-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Ok so I'm looking at the NCMA cover but when do I start my policy from?
Will I need to show this insurance on my EY pre-reg inspection? Or jus make sure I have it for Ofsted? As I'm thinking when I send my registration application off they have said it could be upto 12weeks before ofsted get in touch and I just think that that is 3 months cover wasted iyswim. Also how quick are NCMA in sending you out the cert's??

jumpinjen
21-12-2010, 04:08 PM
You need to have it in place once you have your reg certificate i think..... i got my certificate on the 18th November when I registered so i rang ncma and was registered for insurance from the same day.... you will get a ref number for it before you get your pack, usually quick to send out. Might be some 'wasted' insurance if you have to wait a few months for some mindees but can't do much about that!

HTH, Jen x

Lems
21-12-2010, 11:10 PM
So would it be ok to take out the insurance after my ofsted inspection for it to be in place about the same date as my registration coming through?? (hears me all optimistic that they WILL register me :joker: )

flowerpots
22-12-2010, 08:12 AM
yes, thats fine, wait for you reg certificate to come through and then call ncma and start your insurance, you will be covered from the same day you call. xx :D

nb73
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
i have been advised by my NCMA DO that insurance has to be in place for the actual day you start looking after children x