PDA

View Full Version : ARE ANY OF YOU TRAVELLING OVER THE HOLIDAY PERIOD

angeldelight
21-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Are any of you off on holiday or just visiting family in this country? Or do you have family coming to visit you ?

I have heard that the weather is going to be horrible for at least another week

Has the weather made you have to change your plans?

Hope everyone arrives safe and manages to spend time with their family and friends

Angel xx

custardcream
21-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Morning Angel, we are hoping to fly to Egypt for christmas, leaving for airport wednesday night, and hopefully flying from Luton early thursday morning...I have everything crossed....at the moment I cant get out of my road :panic:

angeldelight
21-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Morning Angel, we are hoping to fly to Egypt for christmas, leaving for airport wednesday night, and hopefully flying from Luton early thursday morning...I have everything crossed....at the moment I cant get out of my road :panic:

Oh yes our roads are the same

Did you see them all at the airports last night - such a shame

I hope you get off ok and are not left stranded for hours

Have a lovely holiday and a very happy christmas :clapping:

Angel xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
21-12-2010, 08:31 AM
We were suppose to be going to Oxford for a few days tomorrow had booked a premier inn for two nights as a treat as hubby has been working so hard, but we are not going now as it is just not safe :(

DD1 is going to see JLS tonight at the NEC so hopefully she will make it as my she is going with my sil but my brother has said he will drive and then go back and pick them up. So fingers crossed as she is soooo looking forward to it. xx

The Juggler
21-12-2010, 08:51 AM
hope everyone travelling gets off safely and arrives safelyxx

charleyfarley
21-12-2010, 08:57 AM
We had James, Laura and baby Harrison coming on Christmas eve till Boxing day which we were all so looking forward to but it doesn't look like they will make it now :crying: Their safety is what counts though.:thumbsup:

They are now looking at coming for New Year instead so we will get 2 Christmases :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping: and we'll still get to see each other :clapping:

Carol xx

TheBTeam
21-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Well we have to get down a country lane christmas and boxing day, then boxing day night we are going to heathrow and then flying out to paris the morning after we hope!

cherry
21-12-2010, 09:23 AM
We're travelling from Oxford to Torquay on Thursday :panic:

Tinglesnark
21-12-2010, 09:26 AM
were going to mums in suffolk, dp has gone away for work today and im totally snowed in :( cannot get out so dont quite know what will happen...

Monkey26
21-12-2010, 09:29 AM
We made it out to Australia on Friday (to find rain!!!)
Our friends were due to fly Saturday morning, got on the plane sat there on the runway for 4 hours before being taken off and left to sleep on Heathrow floor (couldnt leave the airport as they closed it so wouldn't have got in again-even with a boarding pass), they finally landed here in Australia late last night-very tired but pleased to finally be here.
And the sun's shining again :D YAY!
Now just gotta see if my family make it out, there are supposed to be flying Christmas day evening... (yes, a big family reunion!)
Merry Christmas all xx

Carol M
21-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Not going down to Bournemouth now :(
Carol xx

wendywu
21-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Supposed to be flying out from Heathrow on Boxing day night, if the blooming airport can get its act together :angry:

Bear23
21-12-2010, 10:10 AM
I have family travelling up from London,
I so hope they make it up here.

I hope everyone makes it to where they are going safely!!

christine e
21-12-2010, 10:21 AM
At home Xmas Day but then going to my siser's in Norfolk on Boxing Day, her daugher (my neice) is a doctor at a London hospital and is working til 9.00 pm on Xmas Eve and last train 10.15, we really need her home as her partner was tragically killed in a road accident in October.

Hope everyone arrives safely to their destinations and has a really good Christmas

Cx

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
21-12-2010, 11:08 AM
We were meant to be going down to Devon last Sunday to drop off the last of families xmas presents but decided it wasnt worth the risk. We should of been on our way back today.

Were hoping that my inlaws can make it up on xmas eve otherwise im going to have 2 very sad girls on xmas day. :(

My FIL has to work xmas eve so the kids are in bed when they arrive so they have two things to look forward to on xmas morning.

My next door neighbour hubby is stuck in afgan and has still to meet his 8 week old baby :mad:

The neighbours the other side should have been in germany by now but are also stranded at home.

TheBTeam
21-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Supposed to be flying out from Heathrow on Boxing day night, if the blooming airport can get its act together :angry:

We are flying out (well hoping to), very early the morning after so going to stay near to heathrow on boxing day night!

Zoomie
21-12-2010, 11:49 AM
My Mum's flight from Aussie via Hong Kong was cancelled earlier this week. Just had word that she should be arriving at Heathrow at 5am tomorrow :eek: .

Sadly my FIL, who lives in South Africa passed away this morning.

Bitter sweet times :(

mufftie
21-12-2010, 11:54 AM
my daughter in law is american and managed to board her plane back to america for christmas on sat morning only to be told after sitting on the plane at heathrow for 6 hours to get off again ! it then took her 18 hours to get back to me in birmingham where her and my son will try again christmas eve from birmingham , but im expecting them to be here for christmas as im not too hopefull theyle fly

Pipsqueak
21-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Brian has mooted us paying a surprise (as in not telling my family we are coming) visit down South on the 29th for the new year and then straight home again. I am not too sure myself.....

for anyone wanting or hoping to be able to travel - good luck and whatever you do - do it safely

charleyfarley
21-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Well James and Laura have decided not to travel up to us for Christmas as it's still bad down there with the threat of more snow :crying: So we will miss little Harrisons first Christmas but we will hopefully get to spend the New year with them :clapping: and an extra day too :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Carol xx

Twinkles
21-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Well James and Laura have decided not to travel up to us for Christmas as it's still bad down there with the threat of more snow :crying: So we will miss little Harrisons first Christmas but we will hopefully get to spend the New year with them :clapping: and an extra day too :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Carol xx

Aw sad you'll miss his First Christmas. But as you say safety first.

You'll have an extended Christmas when they do come up. X

Cammie Doodle
21-12-2010, 02:13 PM
We were supposed to go to Scotland last weekend, but weather stopped us, hoping to get north of the border for New Year , fingers crossed , but better to be safe than sorry

nannymcflea
21-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Cumbria to Northamptonshire next week. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.:)

Gizmo
21-12-2010, 09:06 PM
We are waiting on sil and her new hubby getting here but they have been stuck in Vegas for 5 days now think they are getting a flight tomorrow but dont know when they will get to scotland :-(

Hebs
21-12-2010, 09:28 PM
my sister is driving up to newcastle from portsmouth tomorrow :panic:

OrlandoBelle
21-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Supposed to be travelling to Northampton on Friday morning. Only a 45 minute drive from where we are, but they had some pretty bad snow over the weekend and we are both forecast for more over the next few days. We haven't had any where we are yet, so fingers crossed we won't get snowed in. DH said we're going even if we have to walk there... once he's got Christmas dinner in his head I think he'd travel over hot coals!! Lol.

karen m
21-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Mean't to be driving to edinburgh new years eve,we will see