PDA

View Full Version : worrying about the snow spoiling christmas!

Tippy Toes
20-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Havnt been able to get out since friday, snowed in!
We have over a foot of snow outside and snow forecast for all day today! :eek:

Havnt finsished my christmas shopping or done my food shop for xmas :(

We always go and visit relatives on christmas day too and worried we wont be able to :(

I know its not just me a lot of us are in the same position.

Why couldnt this hold of until next week!!

PixiePetal
20-12-2010, 09:11 AM
we don't have much snow now - just Ice :(

sainsburys should deliver tomorrow but not sure as more snow forecast and on top of the ice our lane will be impassable :panic:

other than that we will be ok and keep in the warm. DH needs to chop some logs for the fire too:thumbsup:

RainbowMum
20-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I know its dissapointing when things dont go as planned - your christmas will be different - not spoiled, think of how much you already have and spare a though for those who would give their right arm to have such worries.

Dont mean to sound pious or anything - its just thats how I deal with dissapointment in my own life - What ever happens - have a merry christmass

(Oh and turn on all lights, appliances and crank the heating up to encourage a bit of global warming :p )

Lems
20-12-2010, 10:59 AM
We would of been to visit Santa this weekend though with the snow and his secret location (dirt tracks in the woods) we decided to miss out this year :( the boys dont seem to mind as have seen him at school, so we were all warm cosy and cuddly and most importantly safe indoors....

I'm sure you'll have a lovely xmas, as the previous posters have said we have much more than some